We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cambridge to Niagara Falls using Public Transportation

Chicago, Illinois
2 posts
Cambridge to Niagara Falls using Public Transportation

I will be in Cambridge in July and I am trying to find the best way to get to Niagara Falls using Public Transportation. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

5 replies to this topic
Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
13,856 posts
47 reviews
163 helpful votes
1. Re: Cambridge to Niagara Falls using Public Transportation

Hi Savillanasol,

Welcome to the CAMBRIDGE TRAVEL FORUM.

And I see that you are also NEW to TripAdvisor… so a BIG Welcome Aboard as well !!

Hmmm, don`t believe you are going to find anything direct… public transit traffic flows mean you`ll most likely have to head into Toronto… from Downtown Toronto your options are going to be either Bus or Train OR alternatively getting yourself to Toronto`s International Airport (Pearson) and then using the Shuttle Service to Niagara Falls.

Overall there are good connections from TO to NF… and a variety of options at various price points… the least expensive of which run from Downtown Toronto.

You can find out more about getting to and from NF in the NIAGARA FALLS TRAVEL FORUM in the TOP QUESTIONS Section… see the FAQ entitled *How Do I Get to Niagara Falls*

TA – NIAGARA FALLS TRAVEL FORUM = tripadvisor.ca/ShowForum-g154998-i97-Niagara…

Cheers!

Wine-4-2

Edited: 12:39 pm, March 10, 2011
West Grey, Canada
Level Contributor
87,538 posts
107 reviews
582 helpful votes
2. Re: Cambridge to Niagara Falls using Public Transportation

Hi Savillanasol;

If renting a car is a possibility, that would be your quickest option.

Niagara Falls is only 74 miles / 119 km from Cambridge, about a 90 minute drive.

However, travelling via Toronto by public transportation (Greyhound) will make the trip approx. 142 miles / 227 km in length. A quick look at Greyhound's website shows the ride about 4 hours in duration.

www.greyhound.ca

Best Regards

Chicago, Illinois
2 posts
3. Re: Cambridge to Niagara Falls using Public Transportation

Many Thanks to you both for the suggestions! I do think that renting a car would be best. If I rent a car, I will probably drive it to Buffalo and fly out to our next destination from there. Are there any rental car companies in the Cambridge area that allow for US drop off and do not charge drop off fees?

West Grey, Canada
Level Contributor
87,538 posts
107 reviews
582 helpful votes
4. Re: Cambridge to Niagara Falls using Public Transportation

You're Welcome, sevillanasol !

Most of the larger rental companies will allow cross border rentals.

With an international border involved, there is an added expense to getting the car returned to the point of origin. I doubt that you will find a company that will waive the drop fee.

Best Regards

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
13,856 posts
47 reviews
163 helpful votes
5. Re: Cambridge to Niagara Falls using Public Transportation

Hi Sevillanasol,

You are very welcome... glad to help.

A rental car is indeed the easiest... you will be faced with the Drop Fee for sure if you cross into the USA with it (lol could be BIGGER than the base rental itself)... one of the most common ways around this problem is to find a common Car Rental Company in both your starting location and in Niagara Falls, Ontario... and dropping the car there. After that you can look at crossing the Border into the US either by foot (common practice) or by other means (Taxi, Airport Shuttle etc).

If by foot, I know there is a City Bus that runs from the Falls area to the Buffalo Airport during the summer months... for more info on that see the NIAGARA FALLS TRAVEL FORUM.

Cheers!

Wine-4-2

Edited: 2:17 pm, March 10, 2011
Reply to: Cambridge to Niagara Falls using Public Transportation
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Cambridge