We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Live sport on Tv in Barrie

Which Barrie hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
4 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Live sport on Tv in Barrie

I am coming to Barrie in June/July this year for a 2 week holiday. This will coincide with the 2014 World Cup in Brazil (soccer). I am a keen soccer fan and I'm wondering where I will be able to catch it on tv. I may be staying in a hotel but could be camping at six mile lake. I will also have a 3 year old child with me. Will it be easy for me to find a bar showing live sport which will be child friendly, if I camp up at six mile lake will there be anything up there? Many thanks

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
15,154 posts
763 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Live sport on Tv in Barrie

There will plenty of placed available to watch the games in Barrie....not sure about six mile lake though....

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Family Travel, Honeymoons and Romance
Level Contributor
25,761 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Live sport on Tv in Barrie

North of Toronto, and off of the 400 Highway, the first exit into Barrie is Mapleview Drive............along and around this strip of road you will find shopping, hotels/motels and quite a few chain restaurants and sports bars that have big screen TV's and are family friendly............many of them are visible from the 400....

Barrie, Canada
Level Contributor
223 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Live sport on Tv in Barrie

There is cell phone service around six mile lake, but it might be too spotty for streaming world cup games. Coldwater is probably your closest larger center and it has a couple of sports bars which you would expect would be showing world cup games. But in small town Ontario you don't get much soccer interest. Seems they would rather watch an early season baseball game than some of the tantalizing footy clashes we should see this summer. Hope you can catch some coverage. You can bet I'll be tuned in!

4 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Live sport on Tv in Barrie

Many thanks can't wait to come over

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Family Travel, Honeymoons and Romance
Level Contributor
25,761 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Live sport on Tv in Barrie

You're welcome...........hope you have a great visit!

Barrie, Canada
Level Contributor
4 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Live sport on Tv in Barrie

There are many sports bars in Barrie that have big screen TV for you to watch world cup football. Please go to www.tourismbarrie.com to view the list of places under where to eat. Closer to the date there will be a list of the best places in Barrie to catch the games.

4 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Live sport on Tv in Barrie

Thank you. Will children be welcome during daylight hours?

Barrie, Canada
Level Contributor
4 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Live sport on Tv in Barrie

Absolutely! Sports bars in Barrie are generally family friendly places to visit and many have kids menus as well.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
15,154 posts
763 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Live sport on Tv in Barrie

If you like Pizza, try Pie...the fire roasted pizza oven and some TV's, usually on sports will give you good food and atmosphere...

Toronto, Canada
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Live sport on Tv in Barrie

I work in Barrie and it is the first time I am researching for a serious Sports Bar...not too many choices anyway but it seems the best one is Buffalo Wild Wings which is a Sports Bar...many screens and 1 very big one!

I am a soccer (real football) fan too because I moved in Canada from Europe, Romania...by the way did you know that the face of the statue Cristo Redentor was designed by a Romanian? :o)

…wikipedia.org/wiki/…29