We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.
Book On TripAdvisor Bonus Book your hotel on TripAdvisor — then save 20% on things to do for your trip. Use code BOOKTOSAVE.

travel from Toronto Pearson to Barrie

Which Barrie hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Newbury, United...
3 posts
1 review
travel from Toronto Pearson to Barrie

I am due to travel from UK to Barrie via Pearson terminal 3. I've been trying to find how to get from the airport without taking the expensive door to door minibus service

So far the best I've found is from the Go website

Internal transit to T1

Bus 34 to Yorkdale Go bus station

Bus 66a to Newmarket

bus 68 to Barrie

If I miss that one the next suggestion they came up with wa

internal transit to Ti

Airport express to Richmond Hill Centre

Viva Blue bus to Newmarket Go station

1 min walk then

bus 68 from Newmarket bus station to Barrie

Has anyone any better suggestions?

Will I manage ok with a medium/large suitcase and a carry on bag? Weight isn't a particular issue for the changes so long as I can wheel the case most of the time

18 replies to this topic
SE Ontario
Level Contributor
14,013 posts
13 reviews
11. Re: travel from Toronto Pearson to Barrie

Just because someone posts info on Trip Advisor does not guarantee the info is correct or up-to-date. It's always best to check whether rates have changed, or if there had been a coupon or special discount available. Trip Advisor is not a booking agent or website.

Level Contributor
1 post
1 review
12. Re: travel from Toronto Pearson to Barrie

If you have any luck could you please mail me as we are hoping to do the same come August thanks

Jean.crighton@ntlworld.com thanks

Toronto
Destination Expert
for Algonquin Park
Level Contributor
3,722 posts
13. Re: travel from Toronto Pearson to Barrie

STAR12, if you have a question to discuss please start a new thread. If you want to get in touch with Lizbuf directly, click on their profile and send them a private message; this thread is 3 years old and who knows who's still following it. In any case I don't suggest you post your email address on an internet forum as it will be harvested by spambots. Questions posted as forum threads or sent in private messages can be answered by the same means.

Ontario
Level Contributor
3,879 posts
13 reviews
14. Re: travel from Toronto Pearson to Barrie

Star, the rates are now about $72 each way. When you land at Pearson you are supposed to check in at Ground Transportation. Follow the signs. If you come in the evening there may be a lady at that desk and avoid her at all costs, or wait until a Simcoe Airport Service van pulls up and have the driver with you when you check in (they arrive constantly). That lady is employed by the airport, not Simcoe County, or she would have been fired long ago. She has enough free time to scold you and cause problems. She is not there to help. She called the airport cops on a little Polish guy eating a sausage with a pocket knife. She misdirected them and I almost had a big fight on my hands. I take a witness (the driver) so she can't screw me around.

Barrie, Canada
1 post
15. Re: travel from Toronto Pearson to Barrie

Barrie to Toronto Pearson Aug2 return to Barrie Aug 28, for 2people

West Grey, Ontario
Destination Expert
for Toronto, TripAdvisor Support
Level Contributor
66,942 posts
80 reviews
16. Re: travel from Toronto Pearson to Barrie

Hi blearm0nth;

Rather than resurrect an old post from 2013, proper forum netiquette would be to post your question by starting your own topic.

Please go back to this forum’s main page where you found this topic and click on the orange "Ask a question" button. You can then post your own question, and receive replies to it.

Best Regards

Austria
Level Contributor
1 post
5 reviews
17. Re: travel from Toronto Pearson to Barrie

we are also going to Barrie and other ares of Canada and we are hiring a car from Toronto Airport. so much easier!

West Grey, Ontario
Destination Expert
for Toronto, TripAdvisor Support
Level Contributor
66,942 posts
80 reviews
18. Re: travel from Toronto Pearson to Barrie

Sarah;

Reply #16 applies to you as well.

Reply to: travel from Toronto Pearson to Barrie
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted