We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Questions re Barrie

Essex
2 posts
Save Topic
Questions re Barrie

We are coming to Carriage Ridge Resort in June, driving from Toronto. I have 3 questions please . Can we find grocery supplies as we drive to Horseshoe Valley up the 400 - we'd rather not have to go out again that evening .?

Can anyone suggest a restaurant in Barrie that has nice veggie food - it doesn't have to be vegetarian only.

Third . We are going back to Toronto, staying at the Sheraton Centre and our hire car will be garaged for 2 days . Is there anywhere close by cheaper that the hotel car park?

Thanks for any help you can give us.

Ontario
Level Contributor
1,189 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Questions re Barrie

When you are coming into Barrie there is a Sobey's on Mapleview Drive(Moson Park)East. Or the next cut off which is Essa Rd (West) there is a new Zehrs. Both grocery stores will have all the 'frills', and are 'just off' the 400.

Sorry I am a meat & potatoes kind of gal, so can't comment on the veggie food.

Essex
2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Questions re Barrie

Thank you for that. I'll check out the map . It's so much easier asking a "local"

Barrie
Level Contributor
1 post
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Questions re Barrie

1) You will exit hiway 400 at Horsehoevalley road. The first town you will pass through will be Craighurst. There is an IGA there and is a popular spot for the lcoals to shop.

2) Theres a great restaurant at the Holiday Inn in Barrie. They do a fabulous Greek buffet on Friday and Prime Rib on Saturday. They can cook to match your needs.

3) There are lots of public parking lots available in Toronto. I am sure you will pass by one close to the Sheraton. Everything is expensive in Toronto.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
6,858 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Questions re Barrie

Sorry, I just noticed no one suggested parking places in Toronto.

There's a large underground parking garage across the street from the Sheraton (at City Hall) that will save you up to $10/day vs. the hotel's rates. See greenp.com/tpa/…36.jsp .

5. Re: Questions re Barrie

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:18 pm, September 01, 2009