We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

cottage rental

Which Barrie hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
tecumseh, canada
Level Contributor
27 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
cottage rental

Hi all! We are looking for a fairly upscale cottage rental somewhere on Lake Simcoe for mid to late July. There will be 9 of us. Does anyone have any suggestions of places or even websites that would help? We are under the assumption that Lake Simcoe is good for swimming. (?) Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
1,067 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: cottage rental

I don't want to disappoint you, but we get the news from that area all summer long, and many beaches on Lake Simcoe were posted for several days at a time last summer, often in Keswick, and even up in Barrie and further north in Oro. I'd suggest you go a little further northeast in the Kawarthas or Haliburton Highlands where there are lots of clean, springfed lakes. It's about 2 hours drive past Simcoe. Check out the Toronto Star on Saturdays for a good listing of cottages for rent.

tecumseh, canada
Level Contributor
27 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: cottage rental

how dissapointing. do you have links to the safe areas?

toronto Canada
Level Contributor
145 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: cottage rental

I have used www.tylers.ca site. They also have a booke you can buy at the book stores. There is also cottagelink site I got through "cottage country" on google. Hope this helps.

Level Contributor
160 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: cottage rental

Hi, we stayed in a resort last year on The Lake of Bays in Muskoka, it was beautiful and the lakes are better for swimming than the Kawartha lakes which are a tad weedy, great to fish though. Go to the Huntsville town homepage, they have loads of links for cottage resorts and for all price ranges, this is great! I'm giving advice on Canada to a Canadian! Hope you don't think I'm trying to teach my granny how to suck eggs!!(old english saying)..

tecumseh, canada
Level Contributor
27 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: cottage rental

I've never heard that one before! Thanks for the advice. We will check those out.