We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Roadtrip Toront to Boston

Brampton, Canada
8 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Roadtrip Toront to Boston

Hi Guys,

I will be going for a 2-3 day trip around end of April. I would be driving from Toronto to Boston. I am interested in photography and would want to make stops for some scenic locations to shoot. Can you advice me on what the places on the route that I stop by for photography?

Thanks,

Anurag

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
15,154 posts
766 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Roadtrip Toront to Boston

You could stop at Mount Washington in New Hampshire, some great views there, but it all depends on your route to Boston...

Canada
Destination Expert
for Cape Cod
Level Contributor
9,769 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Roadtrip Toront to Boston

It would help if we knew what kind of scenery you are looking for. You realise that it is a ten hour one way drive to Boston. Where are you planning on staying?

Brampton, Canada
8 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Roadtrip Toront to Boston

I am actually going to stay at my sister's in Boston. It is just a quick weekend drive for some work. I am not looking at this is as an "adventure trip". Just want to see if I can click some good photographs around while I am driving to Boston.

I'll be taking I-90 as you can see here: http://bit.ly/Y32P4A (google maps)

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
872 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Roadtrip Toront to Boston

We have travelled that route quite alot on the way to Cape Cod. To be honest there is really nothing of interest alongside the highway to take photos of.

Once you get into Massachusetts you might want to consider taking a detour off the 90 and into the Berkshires, maybe to Stockbridge etc and see if there is anything there that will catch your eye.

On the upside the 90 is a great road to take. Very smooth, not alot of traffic till you hit closer to Boston and the tolls are pretty cheap. I think the total from when you join it at Syracuse is no more than about 8 bucks for the whole distance.

The highway does follow what I think they call the Mohawk Trail and there are alot of smaller town and villages along the way that might be places to detour to if you want more architectural type photography rather than landscape.

Plenty of rest stops as well with pretty good food options and not expensive gas either

Pete

Waikoloa, Hawaii
Level Contributor
1,834 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Roadtrip Toront to Boston

How about Niagara Falls?

Canada
Destination Expert
for Cape Cod
Level Contributor
9,769 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Roadtrip Toront to Boston

There is a lot of history along the way but not a great deal to photograph I agree. You will see the mountains in the distance and of course the Berkshires as you join the Mass. Turnpike. There are signs at some of the service areas which give the history of the area. They would make interesting photos. You will see some of the old Erie Canal.

Brampton, Canada
8 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Roadtrip Toront to Boston

Thanks everyone for the suggestions. I am gonna do more research based on your replies and hopefully will be able to find out some interesting things to click. :)

8. Re: Roadtrip Toront to Boston

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:16 am, April 12, 2014