We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Skiing / Toronto to Blue Mountain (or wherever).

Toronto, Ontario...
Level Contributor
2 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Skiing / Toronto to Blue Mountain (or wherever).

So me and a friend are staying in Toronto at the moment and I am desperate to go skiing and I am starting to feel like I am running out of time to plan something before the snow melts.

Are there any recommendations on ether easy and cheap ways to get up to blue mountain for a day or more? Or any where else? We are very flexible in terms of time but cheapness is goodness.

Thanks

Toronto
Level Contributor
417 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Skiing / Toronto to Blue Mountain (or wherever).

AUC Tours has a shuttle bus to Blue Mountain. Round trip appears to be $30.00 for the bus only. Lift tickets and rentals are separate.

auctours.com/index.php/shuttle-services

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Family Travel, Honeymoons and Romance
Level Contributor
28,213 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Skiing / Toronto to Blue Mountain (or wherever).

If you are only looking to ski for the day then try Glen Eden, it's much closer at less than 40 minutes from Toronto....see the site below which includes tranportation info...

http://www.gleneden.on.ca

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Family Travel, Honeymoons and Romance
Level Contributor
28,213 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Skiing / Toronto to Blue Mountain (or wherever).

Graham..............I just re-read your post and noticed you say "cheapness is goodness" , so once again Glen Eden, as my previous post suggests is a good choice for that too........

Toronto, Ontario...
Level Contributor
2 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Skiing / Toronto to Blue Mountain (or wherever).

What's Geln Eden like? Are there buses that would get us up there?

This sounds like a stupid question in my head but I always had a car when I was skiing in Scotland, if I got the shuttle bus to BM are there lockers up there I could keep stuff in while I was sking? Change of clothes etc.

Burlington, Canada
Level Contributor
2,564 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Skiing / Toronto to Blue Mountain (or wherever).

Glen Eden is a very small hill. It has 6 chairlifts and 14 runs and is located in Milton about 40 minutes west of Toronto. Unfortunately there are not any buses that go directly to Glen Eden.

If you want to take the bus you can go to Blue Mountain (not really a mountain at all so don't think you'll be in the Alps...lol) and Mt. St. Louis. Both of those can be reached by Greyhound Bus if you leave from Yorkdale Shopping Mall which is accessible by subway. The bus ride and lift tickets will cost you around $100 for the day.

link for Mt. St. Louis

www.mountstlouis.com/bus-transportation/

link for Blue Mountain

greyhound.ca/en/…Rates.aspx

6. Re: Skiing / Toronto to Blue Mountain (or wherever).

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 5:05 pm, December 21, 2013
SE Ontario
Level Contributor
20,348 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Skiing / Toronto to Blue Mountain (or wherever).

navr - post #1 .... daily shuttle service from TO to BM... how stupid are you not to examine all the options...

Toronto
Destination Expert
for Algonquin Provincial Park
Level Contributor
4,087 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Skiing / Toronto to Blue Mountain (or wherever).

navr, if you have a question, please start a new thread rather than re-open one from last March.

That's *IF* you have a question, a real question, not an angry rhetorical one.

9. Re: Skiing / Toronto to Blue Mountain (or wherever).

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, December 23, 2014