We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Looking for a room/inn with private hot tub

Ontario, Canada
Level Contributor
14 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Looking for a room/inn with private hot tub

My husband and I are getting away for a weekend sometime this fall. All we really want is a private hot tub to drink a glass of wine in! We're in London (ON), so anything within a few hour's drive is ideal - Windsor, Sarnia, Collingwood, Niagara - all those regions work. ANY suggestions? Must have a private hot tub :) Thanks!

Kingston, Canada
Level Contributor
3,689 posts
100 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Looking for a room/inn with private hot tub

Look into getting a cottage for the weekend. We rented one once on a lake that had a private hot tub. Since this is shoulder season a lot of cottages that only rent for weeks at a time during the summer allow weekend rentals.

ktown

Burlington, Canada
Level Contributor
2,564 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Looking for a room/inn with private hot tub

I"ve been to "The Pretty River Inn" twice and loved it. It is located about 15 minutes outside of Collingwood. Ask for the lower suite. This suite has a living room with a hot tub facing the fireplace. It also has a separate bedroom with ensuite.

The place is amazing and the views outside your room are second to none. The owners are really nice and the food is great. I would highly recommend this place to anyone.

http://prettyriverinn.com/

Also check out the tripadvisor reviews. Out of 180 reviews a whopping 160 give it an excellent rating.

tripadvisor.co.uk/Hotel_Review-g154979-d6295…

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Family Travel, Honeymoons and Romance
Level Contributor
27,723 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Looking for a room/inn with private hot tub

Another spot to check is Niagara Falls, there are quite a few "honeymoon" type suites with in-room heart shaped tubs/jacuzzis, and an added attraction, of course, is Niagara Falls itself...........

Smithville
3 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Looking for a room/inn with private hot tub

We found this pretty much unknown little motel on the outskirts of Stratford. Its lovely, and since the hot tub is your number one priority, they have 2 units that have private outdoor salt water hot tubs....and its close to London. Its a little pricey (you have to pay extra to use the hot tub). I think we paid around $175 but it was worth every cent. Don't be fooled by their outdated logo. It was wonderful. www.forestmotel.on.ca

If you find any other places with outdoor hot tubs let me know. Always looking for them and there aren't many

Stephen

Guelph, Ontario
Level Contributor
1 post
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Looking for a room/inn with private hot tub

Thanks for the tip Stephen C!

Edited: 1:30 am, December 09, 2012
Kingston
Level Contributor
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Looking for a room/inn with private hot tub

I know it's too late to offer a place but for a romantic getaway with a huge 2 person jacuzzi with sliding glass windows to your room and a fireplace in every room that I had recently stayed at was Sterling Inn and Spa located in Niagara Falls. Very romantic! The rooms are exceptional and you also get the attraction of the falls. It is couples focused only so very nice for that hot tub getaway.

You have to request a jacuzzi as opposed to steam shower as you get one or the other but all come with a regular, large jetted shower. What you see is what you'll get if you google Sterling Inn and spa. It's a tad costly but well worth the money. A night can be $150 plus tax for traditional jacuzzi suite.

Although this is late notice, maybe you'll consider it in future travels. I absolutely loved it. Being only two stories, you're guaranteed peace and quiet. Also if you go on a Friday night, you'll see the fireworks from there. Not too far from he Hill and one block away from the falls itself.

detroit
Destination Expert
for Niagara Falls
Level Contributor
5,704 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Looking for a room/inn with private hot tub

I recommend Niagara and get a room overlooking the falls, almost all of the 4 star hotels have hotel rooms with hot tubs, some outside of the bathroom-right in the room and you can see the falls from inside of the tub.

From London its 2--2 1/2 hours non stop

West Grey, Ontario
Destination Expert
for Toronto
Level Contributor
74,784 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Looking for a room/inn with private hot tub

Old post, with the OP travelling in the fall of 2012

Burlington, Canada
Level Contributor
2,564 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Looking for a room/inn with private hot tub

I wish sometimes the OP would give an update and tell us where they went. That would be nice.

West Grey, Ontario
Destination Expert
for Toronto
Level Contributor
74,784 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Looking for a room/inn with private hot tub

Maybe even a "Thank-You"