We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Indian Summer

Meerbusch, Germany
Level Contributor
59 posts
43 reviews
Save Topic
Indian Summer

Hello!

Just one little question: When is th best time to see the Indian Summer in Ontario? End of September or beginning of October?

West Grey, Ontario
Destination Expert
for Toronto
Level Contributor
78,837 posts
99 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Indian Summer

Hi;

Indian summer is a name given to a period of sunny, warm weather in autumn, not long before winter.

It can persist for just a few days or weeks.

There is no way to answer your question, as it depends entirely on a variation in the weather.

For more information;

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Indian_summer

Best Regards

Meerbusch, Germany
Level Contributor
59 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Indian Summer

Hi! Thank you for your answer. I'm afraid my expession was not quiet correct. What I meant is: When do the leafs have the brightest colours?

Kelowna, Canada
Level Contributor
917 posts
189 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Indian Summer

That too is highly variable. It depends both on seasonal and specific weather factors and where you are. In general, the further north you go the earlier the leaves will have turned. But if you take a visit to the Muskoka area at the start of October you are very, very likely to see spectacular Autumn colours.

Do take care though that accomodations can be hard and expensive to find on the Canadian Thanksgiving weekend, (6-8 October this year).

Good luck

Mentioned in this post
Muskoka District
Muskoka District
Ontario, Canada
Meerbusch, Germany
Level Contributor
59 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Indian Summer

Thank you very much for this information. I'm planning to start my trip in early September in Vancouver and end in early October in Toronto. Before our flight home, we would like to stay some days in Algonquin Park. I think, thats quiet close to the Muskoka Region, isn't it?

Mentioned in this post
Vancouver
Vancouver
British Columbia, Canada
Toronto
Toronto
Ontario, Canada
Algonquin Park Region
Algonquin Park Region
Ontario, Canada
Muskoka District
Muskoka District
Ontario, Canada
5. Re: Indian Summer

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:19 pm, September 07, 2009