We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Pictou Lodge and other accommodations

Nova Scotia
Level Contributor
291 posts
135 reviews
Pictou Lodge and other accommodations

Hi,

My husband and I are thinking about visiting Pictou in a few weeks. We have been looking at the Pictou Lodge, which looks very nice. What is nearby Pictou Lodge and can you walk to it?

Any other accommodations (not B & B) that would be worth checking out? We are hoping to be near the water and not too far from amenities.

It is just the two of us and we are just looking to 'get away from it all' for a night or two.

Thanks!

6 replies to this topic
Nova Scotia
Destination Expert
for Nova Scotia
Level Contributor
14,447 posts
173 reviews
1. Re: Pictou Lodge and other accommodations

What 'amenities' are you interested in being near? Pictou has shops and restaurants and a waterfront (not a beach). Pictou Lodge is a resort, outside the town and is not near anything except some private homes and other beaches.

Here are the Trip Advisor listings for Pictou:

tripadvisor.ca/Hotels-g154977-Pictou_Nova_Sc…

Little Rock...
Level Contributor
1,232 posts
141 reviews
2. Re: Pictou Lodge and other accommodations

Is Pictou noted for any specialty arts and/or crafts - hooked rugs, etc. I saw an earlier thread on a knife shop but that was marked "closed". I wouldn't mind a short stop after the ferry crossing and before heading on to Baddeck.

Nova Scotia
Destination Expert
for Nova Scotia
Level Contributor
14,447 posts
173 reviews
3. Re: Pictou Lodge and other accommodations

Grohmann Knives is still operating and they have good knives: http://www.grohmannknives.com/index2.html

There are several other shops on the same street, gift shops of various kinds. There are several restaurants in the area too and the Hector Heritage Quay with the replica of the Hector, the first ship bringing Scottish settlers to New Scotland (Nova Scotia). townofpictou.ca/visitors-guide/…

Little Rock...
Level Contributor
1,232 posts
141 reviews
4. Re: Pictou Lodge and other accommodations

Yes they are and they have 50% discounts on some of their knives. That would go well with a cutting board from Larch Wood Enterprises in Margaree. The Frugal Traveler thanks you.

Nova Scotia
Level Contributor
291 posts
135 reviews
5. Re: Pictou Lodge and other accommodations

We are just looking to walk around town, go to the waterfront and maybe visit a few local shops and restaurants. Nothing major, just relaxing. How long of a drive is it from Pictou Lodge?

Anything right in town that might suit us better?

Pictou Lodge is first choice but we are very flexible people.

We have driven through Pictou many many times on our travels but are interested in making it our destination this time.

Nova Scotia
Destination Expert
for Nova Scotia
Level Contributor
14,447 posts
173 reviews
6. Re: Pictou Lodge and other accommodations

It's very close, 11 minutes according to Google maps. I live just an hour away and have not stayed anywhere else. Just go by the descriptions and the reviews.

Reply to: Pictou Lodge and other accommodations
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted