We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Getting from Pictou to Halifax

UK
Level Contributor
4 posts
7 reviews
Getting from Pictou to Halifax

I'm spending time on Prince Edward Island in May, this year and will probably return via the Woodside Ferry to Pictou. I would like to stay in Pictou for one or two nights to explore, and then make my way to Halifax. Does anyone know if there is a public bus service from Pictou to Truro, so that I can get a train from Truro to Halifax??

Halifax, NS
Level Contributor
19 posts
1. Re: Getting from Pictou to Halifax

Good afternoon sheilasworld,

My name is Krista and I am with Nova Scotia Tourism.

Traveling from Pictou to Truro is about an hours drive; therefore you may want to look into reserving with a local shuttle service that travels daily from Cape Breton to Halifax. Where both locations are on route if you wanted to stop in Truro and then take the train it would certainly be possible, your other option would be to continue on the shuttle into Halifax.

A few companies I would suggest to you are:

Advantage Shuttle - 902-227-7276

B&N Shuttle Service - 1-800-330-4223 or 902-562-9893

Brennan's Shuttle - 1-877-847-7267 or 902-737-1265

Cape Shuttle - 1-800-349-1698 or 902-539-8585

East Coast Shuttle - 1-800-873-5551 or 902-794-1512

I hope this information helps!

Cheers,

Krista

2. Re: Getting from Pictou to Halifax

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:15 am, October 05, 2010