We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Any Scottish music on Wed/Thurs, Sept 2/3?

Medford, MA
Level Contributor
26 posts
10 reviews
Any Scottish music on Wed/Thurs, Sept 2/3?

Hi,

I'm hoping to find some Scottish music in the Antigonish/Pictou area on Wed/Thurs, Sept 2/3. Are Highland game type festivals over by this time? I can't seem to find much online, but would love any help or direction. Thank you!

Cape Breton Island...
Level Contributor
1,489 posts
2 reviews
1. Re: Any Scottish music on Wed/Thurs, Sept 2/3?

The Highland Games this year are showing the date as July 18th in Antigonish. There is New Scotland Day in Pictou but runs Sept.11-13th. You will miss both.

Halifax
Level Contributor
96 posts
2. Re: Any Scottish music on Wed/Thurs, Sept 2/3?

Hi EuroGal, my name is Dayna and I work for Nova Scotia tourism.

In Antigonish, you can go to wwww.antigonishceilidhs.com and search the events link. All the Ceilidhs are held at the same location, but they have various artists playing throughout the season.

In Pictou, you can go to www.townofpictou.ca/festivals_-26_events.html for a listing of events there. Another link for musical events in Pictou is http://www.decostecentre.ca/winter.php and www.townofpictou.ca/special_events.html

Other ideas would be in New Glascow and they have an events calendar at www.newglasgow.ca/index.php…

As for the Highland games, the Antigonish Highland Games are on July 17-19th. The Halifax ones are the 10-11th of July. So unfortunatley, you will have missed them. But there is still alot going on in September!

I would suggest going to novascotia.com/en/…default.aspx to find out what else is going on.

Hope this helps and have a great day!

Kent, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
416 posts
151 reviews
3. Re: Any Scottish music on Wed/Thurs, Sept 2/3?

Dayna,As you work for the NS Tourist Board I wonder if you can help me?

We would also like to find live music. We are staying in Lunenburg the 15th&16th Sept, Louisbourg the17th and 18th Sept and hopefully Cheticamp the 19th and 20th.

We are trying to book the Cheticamp Outfitters B&B but my e-mails keep being returned. Do you have an up to date e-mail address?

Could I also ask if we need to book tickets for the ferry from Pictou to PEI in advance?

Many thanks.

Jo

Halifax
Level Contributor
96 posts
4. Re: Any Scottish music on Wed/Thurs, Sept 2/3?

Hi joandgr,

Just to let you know, that if you are just doing the one way from Nova Scotia to PEI, then the ferry over to the island is free. You only pay when you leave. I would suggest though, if you plan on going round trip, then yes make reservations, because June-October are very busy. You can take the chance of not having the reservation, but you won't be sure of getting on the crossing you want and may end up waiting another hour or two until the next one. For that you can go to http://www.peiferry.com/?source=nflbay

For the Cheticamp Outfitters, they should be open

now... Have you tried getting ahold of them through http://tiny.cc/DVNz4 ?

As for live music in Lunenberg, Louisbourg, and Cheticamp, I can't find any music events, but all three places will have local pubs and usually they would have live entertainment. You could however, check with the local Visitor Information Centers to see if they have anything in their systems... You can find the phone numbers here: novascotia.com/en/…visitor_info_centre.aspx

Hope this helps!

5. Re: Any Scottish music on Wed/Thurs, Sept 2/3?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:19 am, November 29, 2009