We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

US Pre-clearance 6:00 am flight

Which Halifax hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Dartmouth NS
Level Contributor
459 posts
29 reviews
Save Topic
US Pre-clearance 6:00 am flight

Hi Heading to Orlando late April, our flight is Air Transit 6:00am on a Thursday. I read that the US pre-clearance opens at 5:00 am but sometimes earlier for the early flights. Can anyone speak to the charters etc and whether they go through the pre clearance. Thanks Jo

Nova Scotia
Destination Expert
for Nova Scotia
Level Contributor
9,961 posts
152 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: US Pre-clearance 6:00 am flight

Why not call the airport and/or the airline?

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
15,154 posts
762 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: US Pre-clearance 6:00 am flight

I agree, go straight to the source...

Canada
Level Contributor
2,373 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: US Pre-clearance 6:00 am flight

While Border Control opens at 5:00, security opens earlier (I`ve been there as early as 4:30.) Go through security and be at the front of the line when Border Control opens at 5:00.

Dartmouth NS
Level Contributor
459 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: US Pre-clearance 6:00 am flight

Thanks for your replies. I was wondering how early Air Transit opens so I can plan my ride. You are right I can call, but I guess I was hoping someone had first hand knowledge. Jo

Bedford, Canada
Level Contributor
1,054 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: US Pre-clearance 6:00 am flight

I have not taken a charter but I have taken very early flights through US Customs in Halifax. Keep in mind, this pre-clearance runs very smooth and takes as long as the regular security line downstairs. It's not like Toronto where you can be lined up for miles in a small room, although that is getting better now too.

I agree with others, call the airport and get the facts.

6. Re: US Pre-clearance 6:00 am flight

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:17 am, March 20, 2015