We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Need visit with historic reference

Which Halifax hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Need visit with historic reference

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post at the original author's request.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:38 pm, October 07, 2013
Halifax, NS
Level Contributor
3,218 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Need visit with historic reference

What a lot of good questions! I'll try to deal with them one at a time.

B&B: Call 1-866-630-1117 and they will know the answer and make a reservation for you if you wish.

Maritime Museum: The Maritime Museum of the Atlantic is on Lower Water Street, on the Halifax side of the harbour. Their website is: http://museum.gov.ns.ca/mma/index.html

Water tour: I know you can't walk around Lawlor's Island, Don't know anything about Devil's Island. You can get a boat from Fisherman's Cove, Eastern Passage to Macnab's Island.

To get to Fisherman's Cove, take the ferry from Halifax to Dartmouth (part of the bus system, $2.00 cash fare) Ask for a transfer and use it on the 60 bus. Ask the driver to let you off at the stop nearest to Fisherman's Cove. You'll have an approx. 10 min. walk. To get the 60 back to Dartmouth, cross the street from Fisherman's Cove and there's a stop by the Catholic church. There are a number of boats moored by the Dartmouth Ferry terminus which do tours and I'm sure one would do a custom tour for you, going around Lawlor's and Devil's Islands.

Halifax, Nova Scotia
Level Contributor
1 post
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Need visit with historic reference

Hello,

Please visit www.waverleyinn. We are a heritage inn built in 1865 and operating since 1876. We are located 4 blocks from the Nova Scotia Public Archives which is a great spot for research. The waterfront area is just a few blocks away and tours (land/water) run mid May thru Mid October. I hope this info helps.

cblades@accesswave.ca

Get answers to your questions about Halifax