We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Does the Titanic cemetery have an iron fence around it?

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
771 posts
75 reviews
Save Topic
Does the Titanic cemetery have an iron fence around it?

We are working on a photography book of iron cemetery fences around North America and we will be in Halifax in a few months. We prefer older, less cared for and somewhat abandoned cemeteries but I just learned of the Titanic cemetery so that might be a great addition. I am wondering if the Titanic cemetery has any kind of iron fence around it.

If not, do you know of other cemeteries that are near the cruise port with iron fences?

Thank you!

Halifax, Canada
Level Contributor
33 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Does the Titanic cemetery have an iron fence around it?

The Titantic victims are actually buried in three cemeteries in Halifax. Fairview Lawn and Baron de Hirsch are next to each other and an iron fence serves as the border. I doubt that Google Streetview would show you the fencing. Mount Olivet is surrounded by a stone wall with a bit of iron fencing on top, if memory serves.

Halifax, Canada
Level Contributor
33 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Does the Titanic cemetery have an iron fence around it?

The Titantic victims are buried in three cemeteries in Halifax. Fairview Lawn and Baron de Hirsch are next to each other and an iron fence serves as the border. I doubt that Google Streetview would show you the fence. Mount Olivet is surrounded by a stone wall with a bit of iron fencing on top, if memory serves.

13. Re: Does the Titanic cemetery have an iron fence around it?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, March 17, 2014