We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Week trip to Nova Scotia

Plattsburgh, New...
Level Contributor
22 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Week trip to Nova Scotia

I would like to drive to Halifax early September and stay in the area for 3 nights, then up to the Glace Bay area and then stay in Baddeck for at least 2 nights and do the Cabot trail. There is a small group of us so we are trying to stay within a budget. I haven't found many deals in Halifax so am looking for a place close to the city but I don't know where to look to find safe, clean, affordable but easy access to the area attractions. Any suggestions? I am also curious about a nice B & B near Glace Bay or the area. Thanks for any comments you may have.

Cape Breton Island...
Level Contributor
1,470 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Week trip to Nova Scotia

Are you wanting to stay in Glace Bay for some reason...there are many B&B's in Sydney. A Paradise Found, Colby House B&B and The Weary Gardener B&B as the most popular. and For hotel/B&B deals in Halifax ect. try www.hotwire.com

Nova Scotia
Destination Expert
for Nova Scotia
Level Contributor
10,933 posts
163 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Week trip to Nova Scotia

If you have a car you can look at the outskirts of Halifax. However you will have parking to consider. The Best Western at Chocolate Lake and the comfort Inn at Bayers Lake or the Bedford highway may work for you. In Dartmouth a place close to the ferry is the Super 8: tripadvisor.ca/Hotel_Review-g154974-d259438-…

Here is the official government tourist site for accommodations:

novascotia.com/en/…

Plattsburgh, New...
Level Contributor
22 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Week trip to Nova Scotia

Visiting Glace Bay to see the Mining Museum since my Grandfather worked in the mines there. We don't need to stay there, just close enough to cut our traveling down between destinations. Probably not looking for a B & B in Halifax. Just a decent place to stay while we visit the City and area (Peggys Cove....) Thanks for your info.

Nova Scotia
Destination Expert
for Nova Scotia
Level Contributor
10,933 posts
163 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Week trip to Nova Scotia

You could stay in Sydney or check out this B&B in Port Morien where we stayed several years ago. It was lovely.

http://www.bbcanada.com/9956.html

5. Re: Week trip to Nova Scotia

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:35 am, April 11, 2013