We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Halifax - Outdoor pools?

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
320 posts
111 reviews
Save Topic
Halifax - Outdoor pools?

Thinking of going to Halifax this summer. Hoping to stay someplace where you can walk to number of things. Plus looking for a place that has an outdoor or rooftop pool. Basically hate indoor pools...like what's the point. Anyone have any pointers?

Bedford, Canada
Level Contributor
1,055 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Halifax - Outdoor pools?

Hey Jelijo,

Too bad the trip has been called off. Not sure what crazy airfares are out there because Porter and Air Canada are offering up to 50% off right through the summer. Can't be that expensive. Anyway, a hotel with an outdoor pool in our climate doesn't make any sense. It's like owning a motorcycle or snowmobile here, you just can't get much use from it.

A hotel pool is expensive to run in the best of times but the season for an outdoor pool would be from Mid-june to Early September. That's 4 months, if you are lucky. Hardly worth the investment. The best outdoor pool is the Holiday Inn Harbourview but as been said here, they are not close to anything.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
320 posts
111 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Halifax - Outdoor pools?

ya but its like a necessity to me, offers alternative to sightseeing all the time and more privacy than a beach

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
29 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Halifax - Outdoor pools?

Bishop's Landing on the waterfront has an outdoor pool overlooking the harbour. They have short term rental units that could fit the bill. When I lived there it was quite common to have tourists in the pool.

The reason you don't find many outdoor pools in Halifax is basically the weather - we don't get warm enough summers to justify it. I have an outdoor pool at my house and it gets used rarely.

14. Re: Halifax - Outdoor pools?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post at the original author's request.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:02 am, April 15, 2013
15. Re: Halifax - Outdoor pools?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:17 pm, June 12, 2013