We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where 2 stay in Halifax frm March 24, 2012 to March 28, 2012

Which Halifax hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Saudi Arabia
Level Contributor
212 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Where 2 stay in Halifax frm March 24, 2012 to March 28, 2012

Greetings:

My wife and I have to visit and stay in Halifax from Saturday March 24, 2012 to Wednesday March 28, 2012. Can anyone recommend to us a nice place to stay in Halifax at that time. This is the winter, not the tourist season, so we like to stay in nice accommodations at a very reasonable price. Finally, do sites like Groupon (I think that this is the correct spelling) offer discounts for accommodations in Halifax? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

That’s it for now. Thank you for reading my posting and I look forward to reading your responses.

Yarmouth
Level Contributor
5 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Where 2 stay in Halifax frm March 24, 2012 to March 28, 2012

Hello Triprajul, my name is Danny and I work for Tourism Nova Scotia. Here is a link to the page on our website, www.novascotia.com for accommodations in Halifax. novascotia.com/en/…

I hope this helps in your search for a place to stay, let us know if we can be of any help.

Have a great day and great trip

Danny

Nova Scotia
Destination Expert
for Nova Scotia
Level Contributor
9,961 posts
152 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Where 2 stay in Halifax frm March 24, 2012 to March 28, 2012

Hello:

You are coming to Halifax out of tourist season for sure, but it will officially be spring. You will want to stay in downtown Halifax.

You can check here for reviews. This list is arranged by distance from the centre of town and the first fifteen or so are in this area. The Citadel is closed at the moment, I believe. www.tripadvisor.ca/HACSearch…

I know of no Groupon deals, but there are deals to be had on priceline.com (where the Westin often comes up).

If price is a consideration take a look at the Waverley which is old, but convenient and full of character. tripadvisor.ca/Hotel_Review-g154976-d155435-…

Portchester UK
3 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Where 2 stay in Halifax frm March 24, 2012 to March 28, 2012

Hi there, we will be on the same flight as you! We are going to NS for 10 days to look around we are thinking about moving there. We are staying at the Chocolate Lake hotel for 4 nights. John & Debra

Portchester UK
3 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Where 2 stay in Halifax frm March 24, 2012 to March 28, 2012

Hi there, we will be on the same flight as you! We are going to NS for 10 days to look around we are thinking about moving there. We are staying at the Chocolate Lake hotel for 4 nights. John & Debra

Chester Basin...
Level Contributor
3,781 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Where 2 stay in Halifax frm March 24, 2012 to March 28, 2012

Have a look at the Price George Hotel, very well located or the Historic Lord Nelson Hotel , Spring Garden Road,best wishes,blondie *

Level Contributor
13 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Where 2 stay in Halifax frm March 24, 2012 to March 28, 2012

Hey,

Lots of great hotels downtown and very close to the waterfront and other sites. In general the popular ones that are located right in the middle of the downtown area are the lord nelson, prince george, and cambridge suites. Other popular hotels are the mariott, mariott courtyard, delta, westin and atlantica. As maryann-ns suggested when you choose the option to book an anonymous hotel for a reduced price on like hotwire or priceline, westin and atlantica usually almost always come up, the way to figure it out is it lists tennis courts nearby as one of the amenities, the westin has its own tennis court and atlantica is close to the commons which have tennis courts, so good hotels and you'll get a deal. Groupon has been issuing some deals particularly with the four points sheraton, but they're random, you never know when they come out.

Fletchers Lake, NS
Level Contributor
95 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Where 2 stay in Halifax frm March 24, 2012 to March 28, 2012

I agree with either the Prince George, Halifax Marriot, Delta Barrington which are all downtown, or the Lord Nelson which is on Spring Garden Road close to shopping and within walking distance to downtown.

8. Re: Where 2 stay in Halifax frm March 24, 2012 to March 28, 2012

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:19 am, February 06, 2013