We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

German grocery or deli

Kentville, Canada
Level Contributor
4,670 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
German grocery or deli

Does anyone know of any German grocery store or European store or deli that sells German products?

Halifax, Canada
Level Contributor
5 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: German grocery or deli

One of my friends is from Germany, and she sometimes shops at the Atlantic Dutch Shop in Lawrencetown (past Lawrencetown beach, on your way to Chezzetcook). They have a decent selection of imported German sweets, and things like spatzle. It's not a huge store, but it's the only place I'm aware of.

Mentioned in this post
Lawrencetown Beach
Lawrencetown Beach
159 Reviews
East Lawrencetown, Canada
Dartmouth, Canada
Level Contributor
1,634 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: German grocery or deli

European Pantry on Chebucto Rd in Halifax. Although I think it is mostly Greek and Italian goods.

The Superstore has an extensive international food section.

There was a German/Bavarian? family ran a B&B on the mountain above Middleton. They might steer you to a deli, also the German baker in Annapolis Royal. He's usually at the Dartmouth market on Sat. Can check with him if you wish.

Mentioned in this post
Halifax
Halifax
Halifax Region, Canada
Annapolis
Annapolis
Maryland
Dartmouth
Dartmouth
Halifax Region, Canada
Kentville, Canada
Level Contributor
4,670 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: German grocery or deli

thanks. Lawrencetown is out of reach since I dont have a car.

Oneeyed, which superstore did you mean, the one by the train station?

If you could ask him, that would be great (we visited him once in Annapolis Royal - really great quality stuff he carries).

Mentioned in this post
Annapolis
Annapolis
Maryland
4. Re: German grocery or deli

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:17 am, October 27, 2012