We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Proposed "Halifax Twin Towers"..opinions.

Chester Basin...
Level Contributor
3,782 posts
71 reviews
Save Topic
Proposed "Halifax Twin Towers"..opinions.

I think it's a wonderful idea..Certainly hope that happens..cannot see any justified reason why not. As far as I know there are no view disruptions of the harbour. Some seem to think it will clash with the historic theme of the downtown area...

What do you think...?

Fall River, Canada
Destination Expert
for Halifax
Level Contributor
1,324 posts
154 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Proposed "Halifax Twin Towers"..opinions.

I think downtown would lose a lot of it's charm. I'm not opposed to large looming towers..... the Dartmouth side would be more appropriate.

Halifax, NS
Level Contributor
3,267 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Proposed "Halifax Twin Towers"..opinions.

I love history and historic parts of cities, but I think there should be a mixture of old and new. And think of it this way - any interesting new buildings that we erect now, will be historic buildings in 2106.

Cape Breton Island...
Level Contributor
1,477 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Proposed "Halifax Twin Towers"..opinions.

As long as it doesnt obstruct the water view from the Citadel, I say "build it". Anything that will bring jobs to an area, I am all for it.

Halfiax
Level Contributor
17 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Proposed "Halifax Twin Towers"..opinions.

No, don't build these things. Halifax is not a skyscraper town. Look at all the junk already up there such as Fenwick Tower, Scotia Square, 1801 Hollis. These are crummy buildings and those new ones proposed are just as crummy. I like the one level bulding proposed for the keiths brewery and turning the warehouse things into stores. Don't ruin the beauty of Halifax. A twin tower idea is tres stupide. The only towers that I think were done right was Purdy's warf since they are not too high and somewhat out of the way.

Halifax, Nova Scotia
1 post
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Proposed "Halifax Twin Towers"..opinions.

Move to the country if you don't like the tall skyscrapers. The city can't grow if more modern buildings aren't built. Because Halifax doesn't have alot of room left in the downtown core then going up is the only solution.

6. Re: Proposed "Halifax Twin Towers"..opinions.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:18 pm, August 13, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Halifax