We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bedlace, we're in halifax on Sat; in Truro now

Which Halifax hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Detroit, Michigan
Level Contributor
2,234 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Bedlace, we're in halifax on Sat; in Truro now

OK, so we are in Truro and someone is planning a group trip to Halifax on Saturday. We will be leaving Truro at 1:00pm and need to return by 7:45pm.

So, we basically have between 2:15pm and 6:30pm. There are about 12 adults and 30 kids.

We were going to go to Pier 21 and stick around the harbour area. We have been reading, but what is that area called? harbour, etc.? Looking for fast food that has everything, fish and chips, lobster boil, pizza, whatever in the area.

We would like to walk the area head up to the Citadel and have a relaxing day, visiting local shops and craft places. How much time should be allotted to Pier 21?

Thanks Bedlace, but I will use that info for a larger trip my family wants to take. This is a quick jaunt to show the kids the area and hopefully, spark an interest for them to return.

Halifax, NS
Level Contributor
3,220 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bedlace, we're in halifax on Sat; in Truro now

Glad you all arrived safely. Pier 21: 1.5-2 hours. The video/movie is well worth seeing and there are all sorts of listening posts that are worth pausing at. The area is called the waterfront. Fast food that has everything: Historic Properties food court on the waterfront. Nice shops there too. It's at the other end of the waterfront from Pier 21 - a very pleasant walk. On the way, you'll pass the ferry terminus. Look to your left and you'll see the Citadel at the top of the hill.

Let us know how it goes!

Detroit, Michigan
Level Contributor
2,234 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bedlace, we're in halifax on Sat; in Truro now

Thanks Bedlace; the students want to purchase Halifax/Nova Scotia souvenirs. Any suggestions? Will it be most expensive there like I imagine?

Fridge magnets, mini statues, small prints, Dulse, etc.

Halifax, NS
Level Contributor
3,220 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bedlace, we're in halifax on Sat; in Truro now

Lots of souvenirs in every price range in the shops in Historic Properties. Also try the gift shop in the Maritime Museum of the Atlantic and the shop across Water St. from it. (I think it's called the NS Store.) They'd both be on your way between Pier 21 and Historic Properties.

How's the science fair going?

Detroit, Michigan
Level Contributor
2,234 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Bedlace, we're in halifax on Sat; in Truro now

Kids are outstanding; I will definitely be coming back to Nova Scotia with my husband and will bring my parents.

Everyone is so kind; they treat you like a family member. I have fallen in love with the East Coast.

Level Contributor
737 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Bedlace, we're in halifax on Sat; in Truro now

Itryalot, I have been following your visit and am SOOOO glad you are enjoying it. Nice to hear you like Nova Scotia, we try to please. Do come back soon and travel safely back home. Write a nice long trip report for us.

Halifax, NS
Level Contributor
3,220 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Bedlace, we're in halifax on Sat; in Truro now

itryalot: I hope the fog lifts before you get here this afternoon, allthough it is atmospheric! I'm glad you're having a good time. Please let us know what the teenagers enjoyed best in Halifax, as this will help us with our recommendations. Thanks.

7. Re: Bedlace, we're in halifax on Sat; in Truro now

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:20 am, September 01, 2009