We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

If you are visiting Halifax in July

Which Halifax hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Nova Scotia
Level Contributor
18 posts
Save Topic
If you are visiting Halifax in July

If you plan to take a trip in July to Halifax, for anyone interested, the Halifax International Tattoo will be here from July 1 to July8. If you don't know what this is, you can actually check out a video at Youtube, at http://www.nstattoo.ca/site/index.php. I have many friends who see it every year and they love it. I remember its first year thinking why would they have a huge Tattoo thing at the Metro Centre, not knowing what it was, lol. In case you are curious, this is what it is:

The Royal Nova Scotia International Tattoo is a Military and civilian extravaganza featuring over 2000 International and Canadian performers. It is presented annually at the Halifax Metro Centre and draws an audience of over 60,000 people during its annual run.

Often referred to as "Canada's best kept secret," the Tattoo is the world's largest annual indoor show. Its unique combination of music, dance, drama, gymnastics, comedy, military displays, competitions and much more, continues to thrill audiences year after year.

In addition to Canada, The Royal Nova Scotia International Tattoo has featured performers from Australia, Belgium, Bermuda, Denmark, Estonia, France, Germany, Ireland, Japan, Kenya, Korea, The Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Oman, Portugal, Sweden, Switzerland, Russia the United Kingdom and the United States.

If it sounds like your type of enjoyment, check it out.

Take care all, and smile everyday.

Halifax, NS
Level Contributor
3,214 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: If you are visiting Halifax in July

I agree with LladyMaritimer. Last year my mother was visiting me from Toronto and I took her to the tattoo. After the finale, when all the thousands of performers were on stage at once and the pipes and brass bands were going full blast, she turned to me and said "This is wonderful. I'll remember this for the rest of my life." (Of course, she's 86 :D) I'm going to miss it, and the multicultural festival, this year because I'll be in Europe and I really regret it. Do go if you're in town.

2. Re: If you are visiting Halifax in July

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:17 am, August 18, 2009