We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Docked 1 day in Sydney, Any suggestions where to drive

SGF
USA
Level Contributor
212 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Docked 1 day in Sydney, Any suggestions where to drive

We will be docked in Sydney for a day during our New England cruise and since we have been there before would like to rent a car and tour. We have been to Baddeck before so not sure if we really want to return to that area. What is Cheticamp like? Any other suggestions for a scenic drive?

Cape Breton Island...
Level Contributor
1,476 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Docked 1 day in Sydney, Any suggestions where to drive

If you dont get to the Fortress and Baddeck just click on my username then contributions then photos and you can see lots of my pictures that I took of those places and more in Nova Scotia. I know its not the same but better than nothing.

SGF
USA
Level Contributor
212 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Docked 1 day in Sydney, Any suggestions where to drive

Thanks for the link to your pictures. Enjoyed viewing them.

Sydney nova scotia
3 posts
Save Reply
13. Re: Docked 1 day in Sydney, Any suggestions where to drive

The place you want to go to are open only on the days of the cruise ships in late oct if there is a bus tour from the ship they will be there early in the morning only one thing with this tho the place you want to go to will only find out 2 days before your arrival weather the ship has sold enogh tickets to provide this. My suggestion to you is apon arrival call the place you wish to visit and see if there open. Hey its only a phone call cant hurt.

cape breton
2 posts
Save Reply
14. Re: Docked 1 day in Sydney, Any suggestions where to drive

By all means contact a local tour company they can tell you times for travel and operations of the sites as well as the best routes to go on....Down here everything on a map looks so close but it takes a local to get you around quickly and so that you wouldnt be in a car or a van all day long. I can suggest 2 companies here one being Unique charters you can reach them at 902 849 0863 or Tartan Tours tartantours@hotmail.com or tartantours.guided-tours.ca, i couldnt find a website for unique charters but contact them by phone hope this helps.

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
13,856 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Docked 1 day in Sydney, Any suggestions where to drive

TO BESSIEMACCAPEBRETON,

Welcome to the SYDNEY TRAVEL FORUM.

I see you are pretty new to TA, so a couple of pointers:

1- Check the dates... This is a very OLD POST from 2009... the Traveller has come and gone (did their Trip in Fall 2009).

2- As per TA FORUMS GUIDELINES, please note that IF you have ANY affiliation with a business that you recommend to a Traveller, this must be clearly stated in your post...

TA FORUMS GUIDELINES = tripadvisor.com/help/what_are_the_guidelines…

Other than that... welcome aboard... always nice to see someone join in and help out fellow Travellers.

Cheers!

Wine-4-2

16. Re: Docked 1 day in Sydney, Any suggestions where to drive

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:18 am, September 14, 2010
Get answers to your questions about Sydney