We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cabot Trail

USA
Level Contributor
41 posts
Save Topic
Cabot Trail

We are arriving in Sydney on Oct 7 on the NCL Dawn. We plan on renting a car and driving the Cabot Trail. Are there any especially scenic spots we should be on the lookout for? Thanks!

Gene

Halifax
Level Contributor
691 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Cabot Trail

I am not sure how long you have in port, but most can only get as far as Ingonish.. You should take the Englshtown Ferry for the experience- you will see most of the scenic panoramas, there are lay by's to pull over.

If you go to the search box below and put Cabot Trail you will find many posts and opinions on the subject.

Nova Scotia
Destination Expert
for Nova Scotia
Level Contributor
11,278 posts
166 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cabot Trail

You willonly get to see part of the Cabot Trail as Lulu told you. Here is a map showing what you MAY have time to do. It depends upon stops and whether you want to take time for lunch. If it were me, I would grab a sandwich and try to get to Neil's Harbour. The best scenery for me on this section of the trail is between Ingonish Beach and neil's Harbour.

http://goo.gl/maps/cfkBI

If you do a search below you shold find lots more information.

Also google toms port guides.

3. Re: Cabot Trail

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, September 19, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Cape Breton Island