We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cape Breton for business

Level Contributor
5 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Cape Breton for business

I will be visiting Cape Breton for 6 days in mid June for a business trip. I will be visiting the Sydney area as well as Neils' Harbour, Mulgrave and Arichat. My plan was to stay in Sydney at the Cambridge Suites, as it is centrally located. Does this sound like the best place to stay? If anyone can recommend another area and nice accommodations that would be great. I would like to be able to eat at nice places and see some sites and maybe golf with my business partner during our off time.

Cape Breton Island...
Level Contributor
1,476 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cape Breton for business

You have picked our finest hotel in the city. The Cambridge Suites is where all the "concert singers and Stars stay". I am sure you will be happy there. They do have a restaurant there but you are right across the street from another one. Smooth Hermans/Joes Warehouse has a great menu. You might also want to try The Meridian hotels restaurant. Their lunch buffets start at 11:30 and are very tasty. I would not stay at their hotel because of construction that may still be going on at that time. As for golfing, you came to the right place. In Sydney, if you didnt want to travel far, we have two close by. Lingan Golf and Country Club and Seaview Golf and Country Club. Your best bet if you have a day off is to travel 1 hour and go to Bell Bay Golf Club in Baddeck that is located at the top of the Bras dor Lakes. Then there is the famous Highland Links in Ingonish.(located a little farther) It is ranked #5 in Canada. You can probably go to www.golfnovascotia.com for pictures and info. Have a great trip while here in Cape Breton. P.S. If you like donairs be sure to have one at Nicos on George St.

Brasil
Level Contributor
13 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Cape Breton for business

Well, I'm not a concert singer or a star, but I've stayed at the Cambridge Suites many times and wouldn't consider staying anywhere else in Sydney. Great location right on the harbor with spotlessly clean, comfortable rooms. And the staff has always been very helpful. There is a small exercise room on the top floor and coin-operated washers and dryers in the basement if you need to do any laundry. Breakfast is included and is simple (toast, cereal, pastry) but good enough.

Joe's Warehouse across the street is a nice restaurant. And the blue "chip wagon" called Fuzzy's is usually out on the Esplanade near the hotel if you want some delicious fries and hotdogs.

Get answers to your questions about Cape Breton Island