We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Reviewing Celtic Colours

Bloomsburg...
Level Contributor
5 posts
179 reviews
Save Topic
Reviewing Celtic Colours

I go up to the Cape every other year to the Celtic Colours Festival and it is a blast! Between the fabulous music, the fall foliage, the wonderful Cape Bretoners, and the delicious food, it's almost sensory overload.

I want to write a review on the festival but can't find it when I search for it on the review setup button. Does anyone know if it has been reviewed and how is it listed? I keep thinking I am just looking in all the wrong places.

Nova Scotia
Destination Expert
for Nova Scotia
Level Contributor
9,963 posts
152 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Reviewing Celtic Colours

I think you are right. It should be here under "Things to Do".

tripadvisor.ca/…TtD

If you scroll down to the bottom of the page, you will see that you can add a new article. It would be wonderful if you would do that.

Cape Breton Island...
Destination Expert
for Cape Breton Island
Level Contributor
1,371 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Reviewing Celtic Colours

How about some ratings too of where you stayed and dined .

Bloomsburg...
Level Contributor
5 posts
179 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Reviewing Celtic Colours

I have a whole list of places to review from our trip from PA to Cape Breton via Maine, New Brunswick and all around Nova Scotia. Some are done and checked off the list and the rest will be posted soon. My problem is how to initiate a listing for Celtic Colours or if it all ready exists, how do I get to it.

Cape Breton Island...
Destination Expert
for Cape Breton Island
Level Contributor
1,371 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Reviewing Celtic Colours

tripadvisor.com/Travel-g154972-s4/Cape-Breto…

This is a link to the Things to Do page .

Try this, start with looking for the page which is just found by typing in "Cape breton island" and you see a link for "articles" or "things to do", and then try to add there. Once you have Celtic Colours added there , then I think you can go back and do a review . If that gets too frustrating then email the Celtic Colours people and ask them as they should be proactive enough to get this working .

Edited: 8:47 am, October 30, 2012
Nova Scotia
Destination Expert
for Nova Scotia
Level Contributor
9,963 posts
152 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Reviewing Celtic Colours

You can also write to Trip Advisor here: "TripAdvisor Support" <support@tripadvisor.com> <support@tripadvisor.com>

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for Vancouver
Level Contributor
54,838 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Reviewing Celtic Colours

Fred ~

Here are the criteria that TA uses to add a listing to the data: www.tripadvisor.com/pages/getlisted.html . You may run into trouble with it being a seasonal attraction, but there are many annual tattoos in Scotland listed on TA, so give it a go.

To submit a request to TA to add a listing, go to the green navigation bar and open "Write a Review."

Choose "Attraction."

Enter the name you want to submit, e.g. "Celtic Colours Festival, Cape Breton Island." But first, stop after typing the word "Celtic" to check the drop down list that appears to make sure it is not already listed. Check alternative spellings and variations on the name. e.g. Celtic Festival, or Celtic Colours.

You will now get back a message in red that says "no results matched your search."

Underneath that you will see some blue printing that says "tell us more about it." Click on that.

Have all your info ready. Use the website to get the accurate name, address, URL of the festival - use this one: http://www.celtic-colours.com/ . For type of attraction, I would choose "concerts" as their website uses that word. In the text box (weirdly small but you can keep typing) add the local phone number and the 1-877 number. I would also add "annual festival since 1997, attracts international visitors, endorsed by Canadian Tourism Commission."

Proofread your typing.

Submit that and then wait ... up to 2 months. You may or may not receive a message from TA that your listing is up, but you can keep checking over that time. They usually message you if they decline your listing. Write your review in a Word doc while your experience is fresh in your mind, then copy/paste it when the listing is up.

This is the method for sending a request to TA to add a new listing to the data base.

Edited: 11:31 am, October 30, 2012
Israel
Level Contributor
15 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Reviewing Celtic Colours

Hi Fred F.

Did you ever get around to reviewing the Celtic Colours festival? I also wanted to do so this year and couldn't find any reference.

Thanks

WanderingFungi

Bloomsburg...
Level Contributor
5 posts
179 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Reviewing Celtic Colours

Thanks for the comment. Actually, I never got back to the Celtic Colours review. It ended up on my "I'll get back to that" list. We will be going back to Cape Breton for the 2014 CC Festival so I will figure it out sometime before that or possibly some that was up for it this year might get it started.

Fred

Israel
Level Contributor
15 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Reviewing Celtic Colours

It also went on my "to do" list....but I actually got round to it....finally :o)

I've opened a request to add the event...hopefully I'll hear back from Tripadvisor at some point.

Israel
Level Contributor
15 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Reviewing Celtic Colours

Just to update that the request to add Celtic Colours as an attraction was turned down ..... "doesn't meet the guidelines". Sorry.