We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Meat Cove - First time.

Montreal, Canada
1 post
Save Topic
Meat Cove - First time.

I have been following this amazing forum for quite sometime. I have questions about meat-cove camping.

This is going to be my first time caming in altantic canada starting from this saturday. I am following weather quite closely, so the best days to stay in meat cove are Mon, tue, wed, as it is completely sunny. A couple of questions as follows;

1) Does the driving directions to meatcove camping ground directions correct and i.e 2479 Meat Cove Road Inverness County, Cape Breton NS, B0C 1E0, detected by GPS?

2) Google maps says it is 1 hours drive from cobot trail. Is that true?

3) Since I want to do camping, is it ok to do BBQ there? Is their any precautions beside putting the food-stuff in the car and disposal in the garbage?

4) Any precautions at night-time?

4) For campers, after meatcove, what is your next camping spot? If you are going towards halifax?

Appreciate you attention.

Cape Breton Island...
Destination Expert
for Cape Breton Island
Level Contributor
1,541 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Meat Cove - First time.

There is only 1 road to Meat Cove which connects with the Cabot Trail. Do not rely on a GPS when driving the Cabot Trail, always have a paper map with you.

It is less than 1 hour but more than a 1/2 hour , its all gravel .

BBQ with what ? Propane ? assume you have a supply, so no problem . Not sure you can have open fires, and that can change daily as it has been very dry so far .

Next camping going South would be at Pleasant Bay or Corney Brook

Wave when you drive by eh .

Mentioned in this post
Meat Cove
Meat Cove
Cape Breton Island, Canada
Cabot Trail
Cabot Trail
1,404 Reviews
Pleasant Bay
Pleasant Bay
2. Re: Meat Cove - First time.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:16 am, July 08, 2013