We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

hiking in Cape Breton

Cary, North Carolina
Level Contributor
29 posts
Save Topic
hiking in Cape Breton

I've seen lots of references on where to stay for shopping & museums, but could use some help on where the best towns are to lodge to take in some hiking. We'll be there the end of August, but only for 2 or 3 days. What regions of Cape Breton are best for hiking, wildlife, site seeing (by foot, not car..). North, south, east, west. How's Cape Breton Highlands National Park? Any suggestions for nearby lodging? Our time is unfortunately so limited, but our options are infinite! Help narrowing it down would be most appreciated!

Thanks from North Carolina!

Cape Breton Island...
Level Contributor
1,470 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: hiking in Cape Breton

Definitely north Cape Breton. If your looking for hiking ,stick with the Cabot Trail/Cape Breton Highlands. The Hichlands have over 25 trails, my favorite being the one that leads to Beulach Bahn Falls, which is 15 m (50 ft). I just loved that trail, not too easy, not too hard and it was beautiful. Take fly spray with you in case the flies are out that day. Go to www.tourthetrail.com for pictures and information.

Get answers to your questions about Cape Breton Island