We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to stay in Northern Cape Breton

Raleigh, North...
Level Contributor
87 posts
255 reviews
Save Topic
Where to stay in Northern Cape Breton

Any information on Seymour's Harbour View and Burton's Motel? We like the remoteness of Burton's but would like to know if anyone has slept there (how are the beds)? Only one review on Trip Advisor which was pretty glowing. Thanks

Sydney
Level Contributor
881 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where to stay in Northern Cape Breton

My wife and I operate a B&B in sydney and consequently are more familiar with other B&Bs around the Island. A B&B that many of our guests have stayed in in the Cape North area is Oakwood manor B&B, which is excellent. We have not had any guests who stayed at either Seymour's harbour View or Burton's Motel but both look like fine properties. The ability to cook your own crab or lobster at Burton's would be a big plus if you want to do that and your hosts should be able to help you procur either at a good price (assuming it is in season and available ).

Indianapolis Indiana
Level Contributor
41 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Where to stay in Northern Cape Breton

I have stayed at Burtons last summer. It was a wonderful place to stay! Clean, good beds, great host. He even helped us purchase crab then cooked it for us! Beautiful location. This place does not get enough credit on here. Actually anything off of the trail doesn't get enough credit. We went to the "top of the island" and that area was our favorite. Much less toursty.

3. Re: Where to stay in Northern Cape Breton

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:16 pm, October 05, 2009