We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dunromin Campground?

Which Annapolis Royal hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Nova Scotia, Canada
Level Contributor
105 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Dunromin Campground?

My hubby and I were thinking about taking our kids (5 & 11) to Dunromin Campground this coming weekend, but the posts I'm reading on here about the campground are less than glamorous! I notice they're all quite dated though, so I'm wondering if anyone has any recent experiences there? Either last year or even this year would be great!

Thanks!

32 replies to this topic
2 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
21. Re: Dunromin Campground?

Hi I know this post is late,however I had a very unenjoyable stay there. I found the sites way too small. As well the staff were really not friendly. I had overheard them being quite disrespectful to a group that were not deserving of this. It was quiet time and they were talking. It was a normal conversational voice and they were by no means loud! Stafg told them it was quiet time. They lowered their voices. yet later were approached again and told that if they didn't stop they would put their fire out. Again they were almost whispering. They were not bothersome. Needless to say my family scurried off to bed. The next day to my horror they came back and scolded them in front of everyone and said if they did it again police would be called! I could not believe it. THEY DID NOTHING WRONG! Not even a swear word. Not that you could.have heard it. After that we were terrified to go out after dark.This severely ruined my week end. I work hard all week and paid good money to go relax and enjoy. Which I Did not! The campground is too expensive for the size of the sites and nothing went on for Canada day! My kids sat on the dock for two hours waiting for fireworks that

never came. There are way better parks in Annapolis that wont give you an ulcer and leave a bad taste in your mouth. I will NEVER go back. That Group deserve an appology. BIG TIME shame on the staff. so DISRESPECTFUL.

2 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
22. Re: Dunromin Campground?

Hi I know this post is late,however I had a very unenjoyable stay there. I found the sites way too small. As well the staff were really not friendly. I had overheard them being quite disrespectful to a group that were not deserving of this. It was quiet time and they were talking. It was a normal conversational voice and they were by no means loud! Stafg told them it was quiet time. They lowered their voices. yet later were approached again and told that if they didn't stop they would put their fire out. Again they were almost whispering. They were not bothersome. Needless to say my family scurried off to bed. The next day to my horror they came back and scolded them in front of everyone and said if they did it again police would be called! I could not believe it. THEY DID NOTHING WRONG! Not even a swear word. Not that you could.have heard it. After that we were terrified to go out after dark.This severely ruined my week end. I work hard all week and paid good money to go relax and enjoy. Which I Did not! The campground is too expensive for the size of the sites and nothing went on for Canada day! My kids sat on the dock for two hours waiting for fireworks that

never came. There are way better parks in Annapolis that wont give you an ulcer and leave a bad taste in your mouth. I will NEVER go back. That Group deserve an appology. BIG TIME shame on the staff. so DISRESPECTFUL.

Dartmouth, Canada
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
23. Re: Dunromin Campground?

Great campground if you stay in your trailer or tent and don't make any noise.We have never experienced this type of harrassment in any other campground. After a long hard week at work everyone is relaxing around the campfire(which most campers do) until the owners son JOSH(what a piece of work) shows up around 11pm and says its quiet time about 30 mins later he comes back and says if we don't keep it down he will put the fire out. By the way there were no noise complaints from any other campers. The next morning he made a point to come to our site and speak to us like we were children and informed us that we will have no warnings that he will call the RCMP he did it before and he will do it again. We did not let this ruin our weekend we still had fun with our friends. And when JOSH drove by on his golf cart and waved(what a nerve) we just turned our heads. This campground is by far outdated, expensive for what is offered, the washrooms were dirty, they advertise "spacious lots" our yawning was touching the trailer beside us, free Wi-fi which I think you can only access if you are in the bathrooms sitting on a toilet. We will never be back!

Nova Scotia
Level Contributor
190 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
24. Re: Dunromin Campground?

We stayed at Dunromin a few years ago and I would certainly avoid it if possible. We found the campground run down and the sites very small and close together. We are used to camping at Yogi so we don't mind close camping but this was far too close for me.

We didn't have an awful weekend but have avoided going back. Unless the owners have completed some upgrades, this place is not for me. This is unfortunate as they are located on a beautiful spot that with some work could be a very popular campground.

Lantz, Nova Scotia
2 posts
Save Reply
25. Re: Dunromin Campground?

I am one of the people this person (above) is talking about. I have camped over 20 years at this campground (the first few seasonal) and I don't know why I keep going back. Everytime we go there we get a lecture like we are a bunch of kids. The long weekend though was the icing on the cake. We couldn't believe how we were treated just by 6 of us sitting out by the campfire talking. There was no drama, no bad words, no yelling...just quiet conversation. Dunromin has got a lot worse since Cam's son, Josh, took over. We were appalled that Josh came back the next morning and told us off again a 2nd time. We tried reasoning with the owner, Cam, but he totally stuck up for Josh and made the comment that years of this is 'wearing on them'. Well my advice to them is you are in the wrong business. It is a great place to go if you want to be in bed by 11:00 at night and not a minute after. The area is beautiful and that has been what has kept us going back. We are sad to make the decision not to go back but unfortunately the owners have forced us out :(

Edited: 12:01 pm, July 09, 2012
Kentville, Canada
Level Contributor
4,670 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
26. Re: Dunromin Campground?

lot of first time posts all of a sudden. makes me wonder.

Granville Ferry...
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
27. Re: Dunromin Campground?

This is the only reply Dunromin will make to this post. Our quiet time is 12 midnight on Friday''s and Saturday's and 11pm on weekdays. No one approached this site until 12:05am. They were informed it was quiet time and that conversation at this time must be a quiet whisper. They were approached again 20 minutes later, nearly 12:30am at this point, as they were being louder then the first time. At this point they were informed if they were not able to keep their conversation to a quiet whisper their fire would be put out.

We do NOT wait until a noise complaint is made as that would be quite irresponsible on our part to the rest of our campers. This was the only group of people that weekend (which was a very busy weekend) that didn't seem to understand our rule of "respect your neighbor."

Our quiet time is actually quite late compared to most campgrounds, therefore it is a STRICT quiet time.

People who cannot respect ALL of our rules surely are not welcome back as it is only a disturbance to the rest of our happy campers, of which we have MANY! :-)

Thanks,

Cam Albright

Dunromin Owner

Lantz, Nova Scotia
2 posts
Save Reply
28. Re: Dunromin Campground?

Point taken Cam and I promise we won't be back. Just for the record we did not need or appreciate your son coming down the next morning treating us like a bunch of kids. If he had've given us our money back we would've left that second so obviously we weren't that loud. We have never got that kind of treatment anywhere else we've been. Hopefully you won't force others out as you have all of us. Have a good day!

Dartmouth, Canada
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
29. Re: Dunromin Campground?

Unbelievable... it was actually closer to 11:00 pm that Josh spoke with us. As for being the" only" group that did not "respect your neighbor" I do believe the RCMP came back one morning and asked some campers to leave and it was not our group. No worries about returning as there are plenty of "beautiful" and "friendly" campgrounds in NS.

Lantz, NS
1 post
Save Reply
30. Re: Dunromin Campground?

My family have camped at Dunromin for years and I only wish you had of told us a long time ago how we made your weekends so miserable for you and Josh. All the seasonals we used to camp with explained to me why they left and I still gave you the benefit of the doubt. Wish I had of listened to them. It would have saved us all alot of embarrassment. I guess people have to find out for themselves just how unreasonalbe you guys can be. Its to bad though my kids love it there. Maybe some day if you ever sell the place we may be able to go back. Until then you never have to worry about us camping at Dunromin again.

We certainly did not desverse Josh coming down and shooting his mouth off at us. Hopefully he learns to calm his temper or your campgrounds will not be a very enjoyable place for anyone to camp.

Reply to: Dunromin Campground?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Annapolis Royal