We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dining Suggestions

Burleson, TX
Level Contributor
186 posts
236 reviews
Save Topic
Dining Suggestions

We will be staying in Annapolis Royal for two nites in September. What would be some good choices for lunches & dinners? Is there somewhere to buy picnic type lunches to take while we tour around?

Thank you.

k

Advocate Harbour...
Level Contributor
1,606 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Dining Suggestions

Hi kftw, I would suggest you try the German Bakery and Garden Cafe. The neat thing about this place, other than the good food, is the setting, which is inside the beautiful Historic Gardens of Annapolis Royal. They used to have a couple tables outside the indoor seating area, with the luscious growth of the gardens surrounding you. I am sure they could make up some picnic lunches for you also. And dont miss the tour of the gardens, its a beautiful, peaceful spot! www.historicgardens.com also has a link to the cafe site.

If you are looking to check out another unique, historic and picturesque area of Nova Scotia, with incredible food, check out the Advocate Harbour area. www.centralnovascotia.com

Syracuse, New York
Level Contributor
560 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Dining Suggestions

KFTW....

The Ye Olde Towne Pub is good. Not fine dining but we couldn't resist going to the place advertised as the smallest pub in Nova Scotia. We had a good fish fry there and a nice cold beer. It is small.....but there was room for a 1/2 dozen tables or so.

Burleson, TX
Level Contributor
186 posts
236 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Dining Suggestions

Thank you for your suggestion, kayakdover. I've checked the website and we will be going there.

We'll be in the Advocate Harbour area a few days after leaving Annapolis Royal. I've learned much from your posts in the other threads. Thank you for those too.

k

Burleson, TX
Level Contributor
186 posts
236 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Dining Suggestions

kayofcny. Another place I had not heard about which I've now added to our list. Thank you.

k

Nova Scotia
Level Contributor
26 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Dining Suggestions

Just a heads up - last summer we went to Annapolis Royal on a Sunday and found that many of the restaurants and shops were closed. The German Bakery and Cafe were open and we had a nice lunch on their patio. Perhaps you could plan to be there on a Saturday when they have a nice market in 'downtown' Annapolis Royal. They also have some lovely craft shops.

New Minas, Canada
Destination Expert
for Nova Scotia
Level Contributor
2,197 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Dining Suggestions

Hi,

Leo's Cafe in Annapolis Royal is a great place for lunch. Home made food including home made bread.

I hope that they will be still there this year as I noted last year that the building was for sale.

Another suggestion is the Annapolis Royal golf club house as it is open to the public. It's aprox a 5 min drive from downtown on Rte 1 towards Digby.

Fundygirl

Chester Basin...
Level Contributor
3,781 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Dining Suggestions

Hi kftw "

Many good suggestions and the farmers market is one of the best we have so drop by if you can. No shortage of excellent food choices.

I believe it's only open on saturdays but I really love this particular market.

I see things there that aren't availble at others I have visited, love the lavender jelly and the huge sunflowers are freshly cut and rather cheap.

Baked items, fresh fruit and vegetables etc...

PS "

I also love the German Bakery...

Burleson, TX
Level Contributor
186 posts
236 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Dining Suggestions

Thanks Fundygirlr & BluenoseNS for your comments & suggestions.

Blondie, I'm afraid I didn't do well for markets in my planning. We'll be missing both the one in Annapolis Royal & in Halifax. We're in AR Tues thru Thurs and Halifax from a Wed and leaving early Sat morning.

I guess we will have to come back. :)

k

9. Re: Dining Suggestions

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:21 pm, October 21, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Annapolis Royal