We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

cigars

boston
2 posts
Save Topic
cigars

Hello, we are coming to Halifax the last weekend of September and staying at the Prince George Hotel in the downtown. I am wondering if it's possible to get Cuban cigars in the city ? Could anyone please advise and thank you in advance. I hope this is a possibility.

boston
2 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: cigars

Hello seasky"

That certainly is possible"

Try Sieverts Limited--1573 Barrington Street, Halifax.

Lots of Cuban variety.

Also, Jon Alan's Cigar Emporium----specializes in Cubans

Just off Spring Garden Road at Dresden Row / Artlillery Place.

These guys are open late.

Good luck ....

Chester Basin...
Level Contributor
3,781 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: cigars

hmmmm--that's weird, but anyway,

Another is "Smoke on the Water". Downtown at Bishops Landing, Lower Water Street by the harbour. Lots of fine imported cigars.

regards,

blondie *

Chester Basin...
Level Contributor
3,781 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: cigars

Thanks son--not funny....

Fall River, Canada
Destination Expert
for Halifax
Level Contributor
1,314 posts
131 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: cigars

Have dinner at Jon Allan's, and then move into their cigar bar after your meal. They do great steak, and my husband loves the pork.

You'll locate Spring Garden Road easily. Leave your hotel and walk uphill to Brunswick St. Turn left, and walk 1 block to Sackville St. Turn right and walk another 2 or 3 blocks until you hit Dresden Row. It's just on your left hand side. An easy walk from your hotel, you can enjoy a few drinks and easily walk back.

Come back and give us a review!!

Fall River, Canada
Destination Expert
for Halifax
Level Contributor
1,314 posts
131 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: cigars

Weeeeeelllll, how was it?????

Chester Basin...
Level Contributor
3,781 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: cigars

Hello cgreno"

Are you by any chance familiar with prices ?

I am wanting to buy Cuban cigars for friends in the US for Christmas. I checked the websites and no prices listed. That scares me already....

I did buy 25 in a nice package while in Cuba earlier this year and if I remember correctly, it was about 22-25 CAD. I expect it to be at least double here or maybe more.

Fall River, Canada
Destination Expert
for Halifax
Level Contributor
1,314 posts
131 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: cigars

Very pricey. I had a friend come back from Cuba and for $100 I got a very nice box of cigars. A good Cuban cigar here costs around $20 each.

Chester Basin...
Level Contributor
3,781 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: cigars

O my lord... yikes...

that takes the fun right out of Christmas..

Longwood, Florida
Level Contributor
120 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: cigars

I had absolutely no intention of getting involved in this Cuban cigar

thread. I certainly am not an expert on the matter. However, I should mention that I took a family member on the required pilgrimage to Peggy's Cove and was fairly surprised to find a rather good selection of Cuban cigars in their gift shop, at what seemed to be at pretty good prices. Of course, it is always a hassle to bring Cuban cigars or anything else Cuban back to the USA and it is most probably not worth the anguish and monetary problems, if you get caught. I should mention and this most certainly would not be the case of something purchased at Peggy's Cove, but there have been

instances (usually with expensive jewelry) where the salesperson,

outside the USA, will advise USA customs and then there is a majot to do.

Fall River, Canada
Destination Expert
for Halifax
Level Contributor
1,314 posts
131 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: cigars

I'm not sure if you are aware, but it's not illegal to bring back Cuban cigars to Canada.