We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help!!!! :)

Fayetteville...
Level Contributor
8 posts
20 reviews
Save Topic
Help!!!! :)

we are coming fro Atlanta Ga to HAlifax on Oct 5 and will stay in NS for 2 weeks. The Celtic Colours festival is priority for 3days. We also will do Charlottetown and Hopewell Cape. Lots of driving but we will enjoy the scenery. I am looking for an area to stay overnight, somewhere between New Glasgow and Port Hawkesbury area. Any suggestions as what there is to see on that route, maybe where is the best place to stay overnight, and quaint places to eat.... This is all new to us. We have never been to NS and I cant wait to get there. I appreciate ANY suggestions....wil be there Oct 5-19. Thanks.

Nova Scotia
Destination Expert
for Nova Scotia
Level Contributor
11,830 posts
167 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Help!!!! :)

You could look in the Antigonish area or in and around Port Hastings.

http://goo.gl/maps/yIgNc

http://goo.gl/maps/yIgNc

http://goo.gl/maps/9fZdu

Little Rock...
Level Contributor
1,045 posts
136 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Help!!!! :)

You have an Atlanta neighbor that is a frequent traveler to NS/Cape Breton - calliecatsmom

Look for her posts on-line, click on her name and see all her posts on NS/Cape Breton & Celtic Colours.

Marietta, Georgia
Level Contributor
140 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Help!!!! :)

Thanks John B!!!

My husband and I have fallen in love with Nova Scotia, especially Cape Breton!!!

I really hope that when I reply to someone's question that the answer I give is helpful to that person or someone who is reading that post. I know, for me, that reading these boards have been so helpful in planning our trips and it really has made planning a lot easier.

garedbug:

Echoing Maryann's suggestion of Antigonish for a night's stay. We stayed for a night at Azelia Farmhouse Bed and Breakfast. Our room was great, the area was very quiet, it was outside of the town itself. Breakfast the next morning was wonderful. I had the buckwheat pancakes and they were so good:) I will have to see if I can find out where we had dinner that night because I don't remember off hand. I just remember that it was right in the town itself and it was a small place. I don't think it was very far from the university.

Also, Antigonish is not too far from the causeway over to Cape Breton so you could take your time driving to your first night's lodging on Cape Breton. I had wanted to do that on our trip last fall but my husband had other ideas, like finding our first Celtic Colours venue in Whycocomagh that was the following night.

Are you driving or flying from Fayetteville? My husband does it from Marietta to Nova Scotia in 2 days. 2 long days.....................

Again, if I can I will gladly try to answer any questions you have based on my husband and mine experiences.

Enjoy your trip. You will love Nova Scotia and Cape Breton.

Edited: 6:42 pm, August 08, 2013
Fayetteville...
Level Contributor
8 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Help!!!! :)

thank you so much. we will be flying from atl to halifax and then spend 2 weeks in the area. its our first trip there. we have booked Kelly's Dream concert during the Celtic Colours Festival. Other than that and the obvious touristy places, we have no plans. I love quaint out -of -the -way kind of places...off the beaten path. I really wish i knew where those places are in NS!!!!!

We are hoping the leaves will be pretty when we are there, Oct 5-19. Always looking for fun, interestingthings to do, out of the way places, unique shops and places to eat. etc. I welcome any and all suggestions. We also love visiting old churches!

Fayetteville...
Level Contributor
8 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Help!!!! :)

where would I find her posts???? thanks.

Marietta, Georgia
Level Contributor
140 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Help!!!! :)

If you click on my name it will list all of the posts that I have done, either asking the original questions or giving a reply to a question that has been asked.

7. Re: Help!!!! :)

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, August 11, 2014