We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Short Trip

1 post
1 review
Save Topic
Short Trip

I am hoping to schedule a short trip to Nova Scotia in Mid September. What are the chances of catching sight of the Northern Lights at Cape Breton??

Nova Scotia
Destination Expert
for Nova Scotia
Level Contributor
12,473 posts
167 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Short Trip

Slim but you never know. I have seen them once. I believe it was August.

We are not that far north you know, being south of much of the US to the west which goes to the 49th parallel. We are at the 45th.

New Brunswick...
Level Contributor
2,153 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Short Trip

It will be highly unlikely you will see northern lights in Nova Scotia. I lived in Nova Scotia for 27 years and never saw them. My mom has lived in Rural Nova Scotia for 59 years and has seen them once. I now live in rural Manitoba, a province in the middle/western Canada and see them here frequently about once a month. They are simply amazing but unfortunately your chance of seeing them in Nova Scotia will be nil to slim.

3. Re: Short Trip

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, August 11, 2014