We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best Cape Breton hikes

Amsterdam, The...
Level Contributor
22 posts
329 reviews
Save Topic
Best Cape Breton hikes

I have read through old posts but I wanted to ask people's opinions on the best hikes in Cape Breton?

I would like to do 1-2 hikes near Wycocomagh 1 day and then will be traveling around the cabot trail the next 2 days (base in Pleasant Bay). Planning to do the Skyline and Franey.

Interested in 2-3 hour moderate hikes or shorter hikes with great views.

Ireland
Destination Expert
for Kilkenny
Level Contributor
3,608 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best Cape Breton hikes

Just to bump up the post: As well as the trails you mention, we also did the Middle Head trail. It is shorter but the views are magnificient.

2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Best Cape Breton hikes

We did "Little Grassy" in Meat Cove; remote campsites, short hike and but spectacular sunset!

New England
Destination Expert
for Ogunquit
Level Contributor
2,267 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best Cape Breton hikes

We just completed the Cabot Trail. We hiked Skyline, Middle Head and White Point Trail. Without a doubt, our favorite was White Point. Undoubtedly,Skyline is a spectacular Hike, but the simplicity, rugged beauty of White Point Trail far exceeded Skyline, to us. I found Middle Head a bit boring in comparison to White Point. There is a small cemetery on White Point that commemorates the sailors who lost their lives in Shipwrecks . It is very moving, a special place, indeed. The trail guides call it a moderate hike, but we found it very easy. If you go, stay away from the cliff edges and on the obvious trails as the tundra and vegetation is very fragile and this place needs to be kept as pristine as possible. To get to the trail, take White Point Rd just south of Dingwall. Stay to the left at the fork and drive up the small hill behind the Two Tittles B&B ( which looks lovely, btw). There is a very small parking area.

Not as long a hike as you are looking for ( about an hour) , but worth every minute.

4. Re: Best Cape Breton hikes

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, July 07, 2014