We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

9 day intinerary of trip to Nova Scotia & PEI

Manistique, Michigan
Level Contributor
91 posts
66 reviews
Save Topic
9 day intinerary of trip to Nova Scotia & PEI

My husband & I are planning a 9 day trip to Nova Scotia and PEI in late August. We are late 40's (I can still say "late 40's, we're 49, lol). This is the itinerary I have planned so far. I love photography. We both love the outdoors, he loves to fish. Looking forward to the scenery and good food. Any suggestions or comments?

THURSDAY, DAY 1 – August 22

Halifax to Peggy’s Cove to

Mahone Bay to Lunenburg . Stop at Blue Rocks

Spend night in Lunenburg. Staying at Top Mast

FRIDAY, DAY 2– August 23

Go deep sea fishing in the am. Lunenburg to Wolfville. Go to Hall’s Harbor Lobster Pound.. Drive to Truro. Spend the night here. Tulips & Thistle B & B.

SATURDAY, DAY 3 – August 24

Drive to Maitland, go tidal bore rafting (12:55 RIVER RUNNERS) Drive to Prince Edward Island. Victoria by the Sea, etc. Spend next 2 nights at Island Home B & B. St. Dunstans’ Basilica

SUNDAY, DAY 4 – August 25

MacPhail Homestead, Rustico, Cavendish, back to Summerside for College of Piping. Spend night again Island Home B & B.

MONDAY, DAY 5 – August 26

Part of day PEI, if needed, then take ferry to Pictou. Spend part of day here. Drive to Mabou . Ceilidh Trail. Spend night at Inn at Glendyer, Mabou. Red Shoe Pub

TUESDAY, DAY 6 – August 27

Cape Breton Trail, Cheticamp, Pleasant Bay. Whale watch this day or next morning. Pleasant Bay area. Spend night at Highland Breeze B & B.

WEDNESDAY, DAY 7 – August 28

Drive to Baddeck. Alexander Bell Museum. Spend day looking around? Spend night at Heritage House B&B. Go to a ceilidh.

THURSDAY, DAY 8 – August 29

Baddeck to Louisborg – See fort and area. Stay at Point of View Suites. Beggar’s Banquet. Spend night in Louisborg.

FRIDAY, DAY 9 – August 30

Louisborg to Halifax. St. Mary’s Basilica. Stay at Courtyard or Comfort Inn.

SATURDAY, DAY 10 – August 31

Come home!

changes you think we should make, feel free to let me know.

Nova Scotia
Destination Expert
for Nova Scotia
Level Contributor
11,253 posts
166 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 9 day intinerary of trip to Nova Scotia & PEI

You have planned well, but I am not sure you will how you will fit in the whale watching. You need to check on the times. If you do it the afternoon of the 27th it would work out. Your next day is too packed to fit it in then.

Burlington, Canada
Level Contributor
2,564 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 9 day intinerary of trip to Nova Scotia & PEI

That sounds really good. If you don't get to fit in whale watching while in Pleasant Bay you can go horseback riding at Little Pond Stables located just on the edge of Cheticamp.

My wife and I did this a couple of years ago and it was excellent. The ride was 1 1/2 hours that took you through a wooded area then along the beach with Cap Rouge in the background then back through a wooded area again and then in a river/creek (for about 1/2 km) and back to the stable. The cost was $60 per person and it was truly memorable.

http://www.horsebackcapebreton.com/index.htm

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
15,154 posts
767 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 9 day intinerary of trip to Nova Scotia & PEI

The College of Piping sounds pretty cool!

Manistique, Michigan
Level Contributor
91 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 9 day intinerary of trip to Nova Scotia & PEI

You're right, I'll have to make sure I get the times for whale watching. Thanks

Manistique, Michigan
Level Contributor
91 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 9 day intinerary of trip to Nova Scotia & PEI

Thanks for the horse riding suggestion.

6. Re: 9 day intinerary of trip to Nova Scotia & PEI

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, March 01, 2014