My husband and I are planning a 10 -14 day trip to Nova Scotia and Cape Breton Island. We are late 60's/early 70's; love nature, walking vs hiking, birding, nature walks.
We will fly into Halifax and rent a car.
At this point I have identified the following:
1. Halifax to Lunenburg...not sure whether to leave immediately or spend time in Halifax...we're not city people. Want to go to Peggy's Cove one morning
2. Lunenburg to Digby
3. Digby ....stay 2 nights and go to Kenji, and areas around Digby. Also do a whale watch.
4. Digby to Picout just to break up the drive to Cape Breton
5 Pictou to Baddeck. Baddeck would be the home base in Cape Breton.
6. Stay at least 4 nights at Baddeck....Cabot Trail, National Park, Birding tour, moose watching, multiple driving trails.
7. Return to Halifax and home.
Thinking of staying at the Braddwater Inn in Baddeck,
Digby Grahams Pioneer Retreat, Lunenburg Ocean View Chalets, Pictou Evening Sail B&B
Thanks for all advise.