We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Transportation from Halifax Airport to Sydney, NS

Dublin, Ireland
4 posts
1 review
Transportation from Halifax Airport to Sydney, NS

Hi all,

I'm planning a trip to Sydney, NS in March, and I'm looking for a way to get to Sydney as quickly as possible.

My flight arrives in at around 21.00 on a Thursday, and I'm looking for something that would leave Halifax that night. I've already looked at Acadia Lines, and Starline shuttles, but they both leave the next day.

I can go the next day if needed, I'm just wondering if anyone here knows of anything faster.

Looking not to spend more than 150 CAD on this.

Thanks in advance,

Halifax, NS
Level Contributor
19 posts
1. Re: Transportation from Halifax Airport to Sydney, NS

Good morning Serephucus,

My name is Krista and I am with Nova Scotia Tourism.

Unfortunately it seems most public transportation to Sydney from Halifax/Halifax Airport leave early afternoon (most around 1-130pm). Where you are looking at departing after 9pm that would be an arrival of close to 1-2am in Sydney and there are no services that I have been able to locate that would have that late of a departure. The latest departure I have been able to locate for you is Macleod's Shuttle and they state a departure from Halifax at 6pm. You may want to try and contact them direct and see if anything can be arranged, they can be reached toll free at 1-800-471-7775.

I hope this helps!

Cheers,

Krista

Lunenburg, Canada
Destination Expert
for Saint John, Foz do Iguacu, Prince Edward Island
Level Contributor
3,948 posts
6 reviews
2. Re: Transportation from Halifax Airport to Sydney, NS

Dublin,

Have you considered renting a car?

Canadian rental cars cost around €31/day including taxes, and you don't need to wait for the bus. Gasoline would cost around another €35 one-way.

Even if you're simply driving one way, check with a car rental firm to find out how much the one-way charge might be. It may still be less than $150.

According to the website, Acadian Lines bus company charges almost €55 for a one-way bus ride.

Happy travels, and let me know if I can help further!

David

capetien10@gmail.com

World
Level Contributor
1,040 posts
55 reviews
3. Re: Transportation from Halifax Airport to Sydney, NS

The quickest and easiest way is to fly. Air Canada has 5 flights a day including 3:25 pm arriving at 4:18 and 5:15 arriving at 6:08. I don't know when you are travelling but for a random week in April the fair was $194 one way.

If you are flying AC from Europe make Sydney your final destination and my bet is it will not change the airfare much.

4. Re: Transportation from Halifax Airport to Sydney, NS

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:18 am, July 26, 2010