We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Nova Scotia

Alberta
Level Contributor
590 posts
38 reviews
Save Topic
Nova Scotia

I have never been to Nova Scotia or any of the atlantic provinces for that matter but I have been to Vancouver Island. What is the difference Between Vancouver Island and the Atlantic Provinces? If you have been to both which is nicer?

BTD

Halifax, NS
Level Contributor
3,265 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Nova Scotia

They're very different. Van. Island, particularly Pacific Rim National Park is very wild, with breakers rolling in from Japan. The coast of NS is more settled, perhaps tamer, friendlier, altogether different. You really can't compare them - each has to be experienced.

Chester Basin...
Level Contributor
3,781 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Nova Scotia

I agree with Bedlace. Thay are completly different..

I find the Pacific coastline and the North Atlantic coastlines to be quite different. I completly appreciate the beauty of Vancouver island and did spend sometime at Port McNeil. It was fantastic there but once from the east--always from the east they say.....

regards....

Chester Basin...
Level Contributor
3,781 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Nova Scotia

I have to agree with bedlace--they are quite different in comparison..I was fortunate enough to have spent some time at Port McNeil and Port Albion and it was fantastic but once from the east-always prefer the east--some say..!

regards...................

Chester Basin...
Level Contributor
3,781 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Nova Scotia

sorry for the double post--the first one did not take, I thought, so reposted again....

Alberta
Level Contributor
590 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Nova Scotia

Thats fine I do that all the time!!

LOL

BTD