We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Weather and suggestions

Adams, Wisconsin
4 posts
Save Topic
Weather and suggestions

My wife, son (1&1/2), and I are considering Nova Scotia for our vacation of 9-10 days in September. We are looking at the Lighthouse and Cabot trail routes. We would be flying into Halifax. What can we expect weather wise in early September? Is this a good time to go with the weather and other tourists? Is the problems with the airport better? Any suggestions about inexpensive (nice) lodgings? How about any secluded lesser known beaches/ scenic spots to visit? Any suggestions would help.

Thanks

Chester Basin...
Level Contributor
3,781 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Weather and suggestions

Hello Ryan Conner:

September tends to be a very nice month here...I'm almost afraid to say that, (lol) as this summer has not been our best........

September/ October are very nice times to visit Nova Scotia.

The heavy tourist volume has thinned out somewhat and rates can be lower.

I can comment on the South Shore region but am not familiar with The Cabot Trail.

"Lesser known scenic areas"----wow--there are so many....

MY very favorite would be the 3 beach combination in the LaHaves..Lunenburg County...The first is Crescent beach which you can drive your car on and goes for miles and miles..Gorgeous....Next door is Rissers Beach--probably the nicest beach I've ever been too including the caribbean. It has a walkway that takes you across to the next one "Green Bay"..

You are able to rent very nice to basic cottages here and in September I would think at much reduced rates..Thay are reasonable even at high season.

There's also the Ovens Caves which the tour is really good.

You walk within the caves and caverns where gold still is rumored to be today.

I'll give you a few ideas now.

www.hubbardscoveinn.com

rodewoodonthecove.com

oakislandinn.com

retreat.ns.ca

Let me know if I can be of any more help.