We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Irish

Which St. John's hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
County Donegal...
Level Contributor
7 posts
42 reviews
Save Topic
Irish

Is it possible to travel, stop off on the Irish Loop and other parts of Newfoundland using public transport/ tours, not hiring a car? Any suggestions of it routes ways of doing this or nice places to stop off stay would be grateful, itinerary suggestions welcom

St. John's, Canada
Destination Expert
for Newfoundland and Labrador
Level Contributor
3,510 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
21. Re: Irish

Patsyferry; while in St. John's it is possible to use the local bus service. We locals tend to make fun of the Metrobus service, but many people rely on it daily and between the bus and taxis you should be able to see the sites in St. John''s. And then you can use a tour or tours to enable you to see other areas.

County Donegal...
Level Contributor
7 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
22. Re: Irish

Thank you so much for your help, I'm really looking forward to my trip to Newfoundland and I'm sure I will be able to see as much as possible without hiring a car. Thanks again for the websites

Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
71 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
23. Re: Irish

I would love to see your carefully crafted itinerary. Working on ours right now and it is a bit overwhelming. Thanks so much.

Gander NL
Level Contributor
971 posts
185 reviews
Save Reply
24. Re: Irish

@Peacequiet178 Thanks for this list. I was unaware of these companies. There is a taxi service, Island Taxi on Fogo Island that will do pick up from Gander and hourly rates on Fogo Island too.

25. Re: Irish

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, March 04, 2015