We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Clearing Customs

Which St. John's hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
St. John's, Canada
4 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Clearing Customs

Travelling from St John's to London, where do you clear customs?

West Grey, Ontario
Destination Expert
for Toronto
Level Contributor
72,122 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Clearing Customs

Welcome to TripAdvisor, Wanda;

You will clear UK Customs upon arrival in London.

Best Regards

St. John's, Canada
4 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Clearing Customs

Thanks for the quick response. We have just over two hours to clear customs and change terminals for the next leg of the flight, is this sufficient?

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
6,858 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Clearing Customs

It's a good question, but I'm afraid you haven't provided enough information to answer it properly.

You're flying from St. John's to London (Heathrow, presumably) to where? Which airline(s)? Are both flights on a single ticket, or have you bought two separate tickets?

Also, your question would probably be best asked in the Air Travel forum (tripadvisor.ca/ShowForum-g1-i10702-Air_Trave…), so I'd suggest posting a new question there with that information.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
15,154 posts
766 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Clearing Customs

My buddy always goes through Heathrow and two hours should be plenty of time, you just have to worry if you get into a significant delay leaving St john's...

Gros Morne National...
Destination Expert
for Newfoundland and Labrador
Level Contributor
1,659 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Clearing Customs

Make sure you actually have to clear customs, especially if you have a tight turn around.

For example when we fly from St. John's to Cape Town, our connection is usually in Heathrow and involves a change in terminals from AC to British Airways. In this case we DO NOT clear customs as you do not leave the secure area.

Your luggage is usually checked right through even with the carrier switch but if it isn't you WILL have to clear customs to claim you baggage and check onto the next flight.

6. Re: Clearing Customs

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:18 pm, December 15, 2013