We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

East Coast Trail, Newfoundland - Recommendations

Which St. John's hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
lisa_agent
1 post
Save Topic
East Coast Trail, Newfoundland - Recommendations

I am hoping someone out there can give me a recommendation. I have been looking at the different trails that are part of the East Coast Trail, and really don't know which one to try first. It doesn't matter if it's a difficult or easy trail, but I would like to know which ones are the most popular or have the most dramatic scenery. I will be with someone who is from Australia and want to pick the best one since I will only get to do one section during the visit! Thanks.

St. John's, Canada
Level Contributor
123 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: East Coast Trail, Newfoundland - Recommendations

Hi , I haven't done all of the east coast trail, but my preferences are the ones around the Witless Bay area...because of the rock formations, the coves, the wildflowers, the birds and the whales... Mickaleens Path,Beaches Path and Tinkers Point Path

Gros Morne National...
Destination Expert
for Newfoundland and Labrador
Level Contributor
1,659 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: East Coast Trail, Newfoundland - Recommendations

Check out the link on the right under Frequently Asked Questions "What about the East Coast trail?" There is a lot of information about the trail and peoples top choices, might be a good place to start.

St. John's, Canada
9 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: East Coast Trail, Newfoundland - Recommendations

The ECT is really nice, but the issue is transportation. Unless you have two vehicles you are only able to do half of a trail (out and back). One of the great things about it as it literally leaves right from either side of the city, but that will narrow your options and these trails are definitely not the best ones either. Another option is doing one of the trails like Mickeleens Path in the moring, a kayak tour in Bay Bulls and ask the kayak tour company if they are able to transport you back to your vehicle after the tour. In case you haven't already seen, the details for all the ECT are below.

eastcoasttrail.ca/trail/trail_detail.php

4. Re: East Coast Trail, Newfoundland - Recommendations

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:41 pm, June 19, 2013