We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What to do in St John's?

Which St. John's hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Alberta
Level Contributor
590 posts
38 reviews
Save Topic
What to do in St John's?

Hello everyone!!

I am coming to St John's next summer and will be staying for 3 nights. What are some of the things I should do?? ALso I am staying at the Super 8 Motel which is brand new and looks very nice...is that a good choice??

Thanks, BTD

Edmonton, AB Canada
Level Contributor
275 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: What to do in St John's?

Don't forget to go to Ches's Fish and Chips. It's a must!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mount Pearl...
Level Contributor
57 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: What to do in St John's?

Haha, yes Ches's. The one on Freshwater Rd. downtown is the original one. Best fish and chips in the world. A local favourite and an obligatory tourist attraction alike. Very economical, too. Certainly not a shirt and tie affair, although all kinds stop there for their lunch breaks and the occaisional celebrity. Recently I overheard a sharply dressed fellow talking on his cellphone there asking something about if the prime minister would be willing to commit to an extra million dollars... hmm! Tourists will get a certificate for visiting signed by the waitress and buddy manning the fryers.

Also, while were on the subject of local culinary delights, if you like ice cream, Moo Moo's is definitely worth a visit. Hard to miss, it's in a building painted like a cow. Don't be fooled by those other places who have "homemade" ice cream and serve you Brookfield ice cream. Moo Moo's is the real deal handcrafted in the basement in many delectable flavours. The Turtle Cheesecake is a must as is the chocolate, fudge and brownie Tornado. We just went again last week .. it's so good. And it's just down the road from Ches's too!

Clarenville NF
Level Contributor
17 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: What to do in St John's?

Are you visiting other areas of Newfoundland or just St. Johns?

Mount Pearl...
Level Contributor
57 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: What to do in St John's?

They're visiting all across the island and Eastern Canada. See this thread:

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g154962-i754-k4481…