We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotels a minute or two from airport please?

Which St. John's hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
toronto
Level Contributor
52 posts
114 reviews
Save Topic
Hotels a minute or two from airport please?

Staying at the Marriott downtown (lovely) at the moment, but on our flight out, we will wnat to be very close to the airport. Super 8 and Comfort Inn have been suggested - which is better value? Also, do folks have suggestions for any other choices? Thanks

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
1,057 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotels a minute or two from airport please?

You aren't going to find anything closer to the airport. Why not do a search on each of them on TripAdvisor, see how they are rated by previous guests, and then decide?

St. John's, Canada
Level Contributor
106 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotels a minute or two from airport please?

Comfort inn and Super 8 are the closest to the airport. Comfort inn is the closest. Best Value? Well, i have stayed in both and I preferred the super 8. It is newer and to me, cleaner. To me, it is the better value. They even have a free breakfast, which is decent.

I'd stay Super 8, but others might have a different opinion.

toronto
Level Contributor
52 posts
114 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotels a minute or two from airport please?

We stayed at Comfort Inn a few nights ago for the same reason you are noting. We had stayed at Marriott for a couple days at the beginning of our trip. To be honest, the value was way better at the Comfort Inn. It was half the price, included a decent continental breakfast (hard boiled eggs, toaster waffles, bagels, toast, cereal, juice, coffee, etc) from 4 - 8 AM, and also has a complimentary on demand shuttle to the airport (we didnt use it since we had to return the rental car anyway). The beds were excellent and it had four pillow choices on each bed. Also, we pulled the car right up to the room, which made unloading really easy. I would certainly recommend the Comfort Inn here. Hope this helps - have a great trip.

4. Re: Hotels a minute or two from airport please?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:16 am, October 05, 2012