We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How far is the Super 8 hotel from the airport ?

Which St. John's hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Nevers, France
Level Contributor
18 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
How far is the Super 8 hotel from the airport ?

I am French, I will spend one night in transit in St John's and i don't know which hotel to choose as the comfort inn near the airport has no more availability at that date : August 16 (a convention in town ?)

So super 8 or Holiday Inn ? Holiday inn seems to be nearer.

could you please help me ?

thanks

brigitte

london
3 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: How far is the Super 8 hotel from the airport ?

Both the super 8 and the holiday inn are around a 15min drive to the airport.

london
3 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: How far is the Super 8 hotel from the airport ?

london
3 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: How far is the Super 8 hotel from the airport ?

Levittown PA USA
Level Contributor
126 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: How far is the Super 8 hotel from the airport ?

Hello: The Holiday Inn and the Super 8 are each about 2 km from the St. John's airport. There is also the Airport Plaza Hotel which is one-half km from the airport. Their website is www.cityhotels.ca.

Hope this helps.

Mount Pearl...
Level Contributor
57 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: How far is the Super 8 hotel from the airport ?

Airport Plaza hotel is definitely closest of whats remaining. You could walk there from the airport if you didn't have much stuff with you and it wasn't raining. I've done it before! The next closest would be the Super 8. It is practically on the corner of Portugal Cove Rd and Higgins Line, so it's only one traffic light closer than the Holiday Inn, but the Super 8 is brand new. They do still have availability for August 16th, for $130. A cab will cost you around $10-$15. Gulliver's Taxi has a contract with the airport so no other taxis can pick up passengers there. They should give you a fixed rate when you call them

http://www.super8.com

The Holiday Inn has been around for years, and it's just down the road another light from the Super 8. It has a built in restaurant with bar. The difference in distance is minimal. If it wasn't for trees, you could probably see one hotel from the other. The extra time spent at the stoplight will ensure a $15 cab fare. Again, try to get a fixed rate.

Have fun!

Nevers, France
Level Contributor
18 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: How far is the Super 8 hotel from the airport ?

Thanks to all of you for your replies.

I will stay at the Super 8 and have rented a car as I will spend the whole day in st john's.

amitiés

brigitte