We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

St.John's NF- where to stay/top 3 places to visit/top 2...

Toronto
1 post
Save Topic
St.John's NF- where to stay/top 3 places to visit/top 2...

Okay, I know I'm asking for a lot, but have not been to the Rock in 13 years and want to have an awesome weekend Oct 1st/2nd, followed by a full day of working.

Any suggestions where to stay close to the action? Is the Battery good only for the view? should I book elsewhere.

I would also like to take a tour of the city on Oct 2nd, any recommendations?

I enjoy good wine/food, please recommend a couple of restaurants that I can take a cab to/walk to that would be outstanding

jenny.johnston@xerox.com

nb, canada
Level Contributor
20 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: St.John's NF- where to stay/top 3 places to visit/top 2...

Hey there!

If you're looking for a nice hotel, you can't beat the Battery. It isn't all that close to downtown, maybe 15-20 minute walk, but is certainly a short cab ride. A little closer to good restaurants/george street night life would be delta, murray premises, quality, courtyard by marriott.

As for restaurants, you'll find a huge array of high end, delicious places. Peter Belbin's is great for steak, India gate and Taj Mahal have great indian food, my husband and I love Oliver's for seafood and atmosphere, and at least for lunch some time, you have to go to Ches' for the best fish 'n chips ever! Bianca's is also great, as is Blue on Water, the list goes on! I suggest you walk around Duckworth and Water street, this is mostly where they all are located,look at menus and you really won't go wrong!!

As for tours, I'm not sure, sorry. I'm sure hotel staff can help,everyone is so friendly on the rock! Enjoy your trip!

ljnev

St. John's, Canada
Level Contributor
58 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: St.John's NF- where to stay/top 3 places to visit/top 2...

hi, I would suggest a more centrall located hotel (unless view is most important) that wouldallow you to walk to most attractions/restaurants. Places to try- Restaurant 21, Duck Street Bistro, Magnum and Stein's, all near Duckworth Street.

Canada
Level Contributor
31 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: St.John's NF- where to stay/top 3 places to visit/top 2...

I would not recomend the Battery. It is in a great location for the view, but the hotel facilities are some of the worst in the city. I would recommend either the Fairmont, Delta, Courtyard by Marriott or Quality Hotel. The Murray Premises and Blue on Water are nice boutique style hotels as well.

Top 3 places to visit:

George Street

Signal Hill

Cape Spear

Top 2 restaurants:

Bianca's ( fine dining )

Nautical Nellie's ( lunch )

Have a great trip!