We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Nyc to Saint John via bus- aug '13

New York, NY
2 posts
Save Topic
Nyc to Saint John via bus- aug '13

I tried to find the best routes...I see a lot on acadian but heard that got bought out by maritime (?).

Suggestions on best way to get there from NYC via bus would be much appreciated.

Thank you in advance!

Nova Scotia
Level Contributor
1,418 posts
255 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Nyc to Saint John via bus- aug '13

Yes, Acadian bus lines was bought by Maritime bus service, and the service between the border and Saint John has been discontinued.

To travel by bus from NYC would involve, I assume Greyhound bus service, followed by a Maine based company that would get you to Calais Maine, which is the border town with St. Stephen Maine. You would have to either walk across the International Bridge spanning the two countries (a very short walk) or find a taxi to take you.

From St. Stephen to Saint John is the problem. It is approximately an hour's drive and there is no public transit. I believe taxi would be the only way.

As you can see by this posting..there is no easy answer tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g154956-i833-k6675…

Edited: 5:14 am, July 18, 2013
2. Re: Nyc to Saint John via bus- aug '13

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:20 am, July 20, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Saint John