We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

East Coast Canada New Brunswick

Santee, California
Level Contributor
189 posts
78 reviews
Save Topic
East Coast Canada New Brunswick

Can anyone tell me if Caraquet/Moncton are good places for a great vacation with low humidity during the months of July/August. Also, can anyone recommend a condo or room with kitchen available in this area. Thanks. Audrey

Toronto
Level Contributor
328 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: East Coast Canada New Brunswick

Not sure of the Moncton area but we really loved Prince Edward Island when we were there. Cooler temperatures and breezes. We rented a two bedroom cottage on the water which was very reasonable. That would likely be the way to go so you have access to a kitchen.

You still are only minutes from everything else on the island. It is really a lovely spot with lots to offer. Good luck!

Toronto
Level Contributor
328 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: East Coast Canada New Brunswick

Not sure of the Moncton area but we really loved Prince Edward Island when we were there. Cooler temperatures and breezes. We rented a two bedroom cottage on the water which was very reasonable. That would likely be the way to go so you have access to a kitchen.

You still are only minutes from everything else on the island. It is really a lovely spot with lots to offer. Good luck!

canada
1 post
Save Reply
3. Re: East Coast Canada New Brunswick

New Brunswick does have high humidity in the summer along with warmer temperatures, somedays will get to 25+ the humidex will bring it higher, It just depends. As for a condo etc, I am not sure of any, check out www.visitnewbrunswick.ca, maybe there is something there to find.

New Brunswick...
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: East Coast Canada New Brunswick

I would definitely recommend Aboiteau Cottage in Cap-Pele. It is a 1/2 hour drive from Moncton. Incredible Beach! Prices are around 1000$ per week. www.chaletsaboiteau.ca

New-Brunswick,Canada
Level Contributor
22 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: East Coast Canada New Brunswick

I agree that anywhere in NB you'll have high humidity in july and august. If it is 30, it can get to 40 with the humidex...

for caraquet, nice cottages are availables, google: chalets de la plage, caraquet

in tracadie, there is chalets deux-rivieres, tracadie-sheila

both are all furnished, new, and very very clean

good luck

West Grey, Ontario
Destination Expert
for Toronto
Level Contributor
73,007 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: East Coast Canada New Brunswick

Hi;

I see you're from the US, so the Celsius temperatures will probably be of little help to you.

Here are the conversions;

25 C = 77 F

30 C = 86 F

35 C = 95 F

40 C = 104 F

Best Regards

Shediac, Canada
Level Contributor
440 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: East Coast Canada New Brunswick

Hello,

first of all, I would like to know what you are looking to do during your vacation? Here's my suggestion. Shediac is a small picturesque seaside town. Small but big in beautiful beaches, mouth watering seafood and friendly eastcoast people. There are multiple places to stay ex: motels, inns, cottages and B&Bs. It is the lobster capital of the world! I do have to admit that our summer months can be high humidity but cools off pretty quick in the evening. It's never too warm that you must stay indoors with the AC. There is always a seabreeze which is very nice. Shediac is close to many tourist spots and is kinda central for day trips. Check Shediac on the web for more details.

P.S. it is only 20 minutes from Moncton

Happy planning, Nicaribbean

Eastern Canada
Level Contributor
914 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: East Coast Canada New Brunswick

Let's not confuse heat with humidity. As a rule, Atlantic Canada does not have any big issues with humidity. And for those hot days, choose a coastal area.

Moncton is a great small city with a nice variety of restaurants, attractions, and festivals. Shediac, home of Parlee Beach, is only 20 minutes from Moncton and is a great coastal vacation spot.... sort of like a small version of Martha's Vineyard.

I am a born & bread New Brunswicker, from Saint John, with a cottage in Shediac so if you have any more questions just ask!

Old Montreal
Level Contributor
5,707 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: East Coast Canada New Brunswick

Myriam:

Responding to a post about 18 months after the question was asked must be a new record!

10. Re: East Coast Canada New Brunswick

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:15 pm, September 13, 2009