We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Super 8 Motel near Moncton airport?

Toronto
Level Contributor
34 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Super 8 Motel near Moncton airport?

Has anyone ever stayed at the Super 8 Motel near the Moncton airport. From their website, it seems to be a nice motel. My worry is whether it is too close to the airport and too noicy? Also, is the area safe at evenings?

Mentioned in this post
Moncton
Moncton
New Brunswick, Canada
Eastern Canada
Level Contributor
85 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Super 8 Motel near Moncton airport?

Yes it is. This hotel in Dieppe, which is a city that blends seamlessly beside Moncton. This is a new property that opened about 2 to 3 months ago. IF your looking for a hotel near the airport for travelling purposes this is the perfect spot. You will hear some air traffic, but keeping in mind, Moncton Airport, although rated international, has mainly courier flights over night so it isnt that noisy. IF your staying at this hotel, because you want to go shopping, browse around downtown Moncton ect, and not for easy airport acess, I would choose a hotel more central. Post a reply and I can reccommend other properties to you. I live in Moncton. Cheers.

Mentioned in this post
Moncton
Moncton
New Brunswick, Canada
Moncton, Canada
Level Contributor
37 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Super 8 Motel near Moncton airport?

I stayed at the Super 8 in November... Nice, Clean but not too close to the Downtown.. you have to drive.. Airport noise minimal.. I didn't really even notice. The area is safe at night... I walked to the Tim Horton's at 11:00 p.m. Hope this helps

Toronto
Level Contributor
34 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Super 8 Motel near Moncton airport?

Not being able to make the trip last year, we seems to be able to finally make it this year. Everything is on the right track at least for now.

We are planning to use the Super8 as a hub so I don't mind that it's a little far from Moncton. Actually, being close to highway is a plus :-). We stayed at the Super8 in Truro before and we are very happy with that motel (especially the slide and being able to eat breakfast while watching the kids having fun in the pool).

Just a last minute check whether any changes to the condition of this hotel. Cleanliness is the top priority. Another concern is the noise from the evening flights but seems that is a non issue.

Thanks in advance for the advises.

WL

Mentioned in this post
Moncton
Moncton
New Brunswick, Canada
Truro
Truro
Nova Scotia, Canada
Moncton,NB
Level Contributor
14 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Super 8 Motel near Moncton airport?

hi Wl2001

You mentioned you wanted the Super8 as a hub hotel......I wouldn't say this location is a hub of the area per say..it is situated in Dieppe's Industrial Park. Moncton area is surrounded by the trans canada so pretty much all hotels are easy access to the highway. The area would definitely be quiet as there is really nothing open there at night......a restaurant ...Fishermans Paradise is across the street. and Tim Hortons coffee shop a little distance away. The hotel is basically only a year old so its condition should still be fine. Champlain Mall is further down Champlain street .....about 5 min by car. Enjoy your stay

Mentioned in this post
Moncton
Moncton
New Brunswick, Canada
5. Re: Super 8 Motel near Moncton airport?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 pm, August 30, 2009